X

Did she go boom?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did she go boom?????

Ok guys and gals I took my 94 Kat 600 on short ride yesterday and stopped and topped off as I normaly do on Thursdays. So I turn a go back home as I start to turn at my stop light she Boggs and dies then starts back up. So my first thought was the gas I just bought was crap. So I turned on my road switched down to first and it dies agian but starts right back up so I try my best to give it more gas but it Bogs out 30. So I got it home and look and see that it is leaking oil. I have no clue what it could be. But I have a feeling it could be a piston ring.
    Has anyone ever had this happen.

It all depends on where the oil is coming from. First step is to track down and verify the leak. Just being low or high on oil can cause it to run weird, so I don't think you should panic just yet.
    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Like he said where is the leak coming from? Is it one of the covers? Any cracks u can see? Did the bolts back out( happens due to vibrations). While its running does it still have normal power? Was u riding hard..tons of questions but will help track down the issue..motor is deff not blown if its starting right up..did u notice a backfire at all? Sometimes a backfire can blow the rings all to hell

Also how bad is the leak? The leak and dieing out could be two seperate issues tbh oil leak coukd have been going on for some time now and might be fixed by replacing the gaskets..
      Last edited by firefighter313; 08-23-2013, 12:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

No back fires and yeah it starts and has normal power but it bogs out and the oil is leaking from the cover in front of the carbs. And no cracks at all that I can tell

I almost forgot that it is blowing white smoke
        Last edited by Brenton92; 08-23-2013, 03:03 PM.

Comment

how high is your oil level ? Flooding carbs
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Pretty high.

Comment

look at the sight glass it has a high and low mark. is it all the way over the glass? if so you need to drain some of the oil out..to much oil can do damage just like to little oil can. have you taken your carbs off and took a gander at them? also if you did the oil change and it was at the right level and now its to high you need to check it for gas..( take the cap off and take a big sniff..you will smell it if thats the case)

Comment

Ok so I took her apart and found the the problem. I feel like a idiot but I put diesel in the bike. She is draining right now oil carbs and tank. Also removed the plugs and bought a new set

Comment

yea id say that was the problem..good think u didnt ride far before it died or she would have went boom

Comment

You... put... DIESEL.... in a bike?

Awesome! At least you didn't put petrol in a diesel!

Once everything has drained out, I think you'll be good to go with fresh fuel. You will probably want to put into Reserve as soon as you fill it with fuel though, run it a good bit, then switch to Prime, run it a bit more, and then switch to Run just to clear out the petcock.

Comment

prolly at a shell gas station..every gas station i have ever been to green handle is diesel and black is petrol. except shell staions its backwards..i have almost put petrol in my ambulance which is a diesel a few times because of this..on a side note that wouldnt be a bad thing..blow the truck up n i get the day off.

Comment

Yeah I know I didn't bother to look. I just got the gas and took off.

Comment

its an honest mistake tbh atleast it didnt cause any major problems.be happy about that lol n i bet you will pay attention in the future which handle u grab haha i know i will

Comment

Yeah that's what I just go by color

Comment

Ok guy update on the bike. It was just diesel. And ever thing is fine now. Thanks for ever ones help and ever one have a great day

Comment

Working...
                              X