Carb boot to head o-rings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb boot to head o-rings

I need new carb boot to head o-rings.
    I looked online and at my local dealer and they are on back order.
    Anyone know of an alternate place to get them?
    1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
    V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
    Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

What year n size..89 750?

Im assuming so..have you tried here http:// http://suzukipartshouse.com/.../cylinder-head
    Last edited by firefighter313; 08-29-2013, 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter313 View Post
      What year n size..89 750?

Im assuming so..have you tried here http:// http://suzukipartshouse.com/.../cylinder-head
      Yes, '89 750 part# 09280-40010
      They are on backorder so I doubt any online supplier would have them unless they have stock on hand.
      1989 GSXF 750 Katana.

Comment

I had an issue with a local suzuki dealer saying a part was on backorder and called those guys and they had them in stock n i had it 2 days later so its worth a shot..only problem is with ur bike being an 89 most parts are going to be special order..goodluck tho

Comment

I've never even seen an 89 let alone taken one apart. What are the specifications of the rings? Can maybe try looking at other applications that may use the same sized thing - mudpumps, generators, plumbing etc.

I did click the link to try and see what to look for - but that gives an error.

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter313 View Post
            I had an issue with a local suzuki dealer saying a part was on backorder and called those guys and they had them in stock n i had it 2 days later so its worth a shot..only problem is with ur bike being an 89 most parts are going to be special order..goodluck tho
            That part # is used on bikes from 1985 up until 2012 on everything from street bikes to quads, so it doesn't matter that mine is an '89.
            One local shop has 2 of them, so if I could find 2 more.
            I looked up viton o-rings on my local Acklands and they stock rings that would work, I would just have to order a 10 pack.
            1989 GSXF 750 Katana.

Comment

Read my post one more time i didnt say "that" part i said "most" parts. And regardless if they are used on every motor known to man they are not all the same size shape and thickness of the ones for your bike. I would say if u have only found a 10 pack to buy them bc it is only a matter of time and you will need to replace them again and if you already have them..well you can avoid this issue next time

Comment

Go here:

and input the part#
                09280-40010
                It will show you EVERY bike that takes that EXACT same part.
                1989 GSXF 750 Katana.

Comment

Since you are on the north side of the Canada/US border ....... head down to your friendly Lordco Auto parts store and bring one of the old o-rings and one of the carb to head boots.
                  They usually have a rack of some kind with little drawers. These drawers will contain more different o-ring sizes than you can shake a stick at. Rummage through and you will find what you need and they will be a fraction of what you'll pay elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by jetta90 View Post
                    Since you are on the north side of the Canada/US border ....... head down to your friendly Lordco Auto parts store and bring one of the old o-rings and one of the carb to head boots.
                    They usually have a rack of some kind with little drawers. These drawers will contain more different o-ring sizes than you can shake a stick at. Rummage through and you will find what you need and they will be a fraction of what you'll pay elsewhere.
                    I could try, but they have to be viton or they will burn up with the heat from the head. Regular 0-rings arent made for high temps.
                    1989 GSXF 750 Katana.

Comment

I have em. I can ship them to you if you want. $9 for 4 + shipping. They should fit in a pretty small envelope so I wouldn't expect shipping even to Canada to be that much.

Let me know.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                      X