X

88 600 carb problems?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 600 carb problems?

My friend and I recently rebuilt the carbs. This was a first for me, but we had a full repair manual and it made it very easy to follow. We installed them back in to the bike and we got the bike started but the bike was running full out. The choke was not out and the idle adjuster was left all the way out. We were not able to throttle back at all. I'm not sure if this is a carb or fuel line problem. Also can anyone tell me the positions for the pet cock valve. We were unsure and it does not say in the owner's manual.

Did you remember to resync the carbs? Bench sync at first will get it close to normal operation and then you'll have to use a manometer.

The petcock should be in the down position, which is on and requires the vacuum from carb #4 to pull a diaphragm open and allow fuel to flow into the carburetors. Pointed to the left is reserve, and operates similarly to on but has a lower pickup. To the right is prime, and this allows fuel to flow regardless of the diaphragm, used to empty out fuel or to fill the carbs up with fuel from empty without turning the bike on.
    1995 Suzuki Katana 600F
    Full D&D Exhaust

Comment

Working...
    X