X

Will Parts From A 02 GSXR750 Fit A...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Parts From A 02 GSXR750 Fit A...

A guy here in Atlanta is offering some 2002 GSXR750 parts- from the pics, looks like it includes a front suspension with trees and brakes (has inverted shock units) but no front wheel, a rear suspension with shock unit and swing arm but no wheel.

Any of those parts fit on;
    2001 Bandit 1200,
    88 Katana 1100,
    99 Suzuki GSXR-600?

Is it even worth the trouble?
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

no, maybe the 99 GSXR 600, but you'd have no research that

Comment

I've never researched the rear end since now I have Cyber's Ohlins shock. The front end would definitely require some research as to "parts bining" it together.

Since your Bandit and Katana have the same steering head bearings, trying to find a triple tree to accept the USD forks and bearings, or maybe press out the stem, and have the steering stops and utilize the ignition switch.

What I had done before I bought my parts is research at Ron Ayers' site as to what part numbers and/or pictures (of a triple tree's steering stops, for example) that are similar cross over to other platform's within Suzuki.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

All of those parts can be made to fit on any of the bikes listed but its probably only a direct bolt in swap for the 600

On the other bikes swingarm width, steering stem size, & the differances in wheel bearings are the main problems you will face along with quite a few lesser problems such as shock mounts, chain run, steering stops & swingarm bearing size

So yes it can be done but there are much easier swaps
        Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
          A guy here in Atlanta is offering some 2002 GSXR750 parts- from the pics, looks like it includes a front suspension with trees and brakes (has inverted shock units) but no front wheel, a rear suspension with shock unit and swing arm but no wheel.

Any of those parts fit on;
          2001 Bandit 1200,
          88 Katana 1100,
          99 Suzuki GSXR-600?

Is it even worth the trouble?
          uh....I saw the same thing here in AZ, but in the ad, it mentioned that the rotors were bent, " Like someone had a lock on there or something.." It was a front end from a GSXR, included the wheel, bars, grips, etc.... the guy didn't even own a motorcycle, or have anything to do with motorcycles, and lived out in the middle of nowhere. My guess is the front was chopped from another bike, possibly stolen....if it was CL where you found the suspension parts....buyer beware...

Comment

Working...
          X