06 ZX10 can onto 06 GSX750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 ZX10 can onto 06 GSX750

Anyone tryed this before?
    I have a mate with a very modifyed ZX10, he still had the OEM Muffler which has had very little use (no road rash) and when he heard I was looking fo a cheap replacement for the amourplated Suzuki model (well it feels like it is, talk about heavy!), he gave it to me to see if i could make it work if I had a conecting pipe fabricated for it.
    They have a bolt on flange on the can, and this one has bolts in the back so packing can be removed/added, very light compared to my original unit, Oval in shape, brushed aluminium.
    Looks like the hanger is roughly in the right place, so tomorrow I will have a good look and see if it is possile to fit, and if so take my old one off offer it up and with the join wrapped see what it sounds like.
    2006 GSXF750

Well I have fitted the Can, it had the pipe attached, if you are prepared to remove the rear pillions foot pegs it will fit right up using one of the four holes provided by removing the rear pegs, and getting a pipe mearsuring 53 mm at each end, I had to get a slightly smaller pipe swaged up to the right size, but with a little exhaust sealant and a bit of aluminum kitchen foil got it to seal,the angle it enters is not perfect, if you get the exhaust shop to do a very slight bend (and I mean slight) this will help get a better fittment.
    These mufflers have a bolt on flange and I would recomend getting a pipe made to adapt, but can be got to seal using the above, at lest as in my case this gives you a chance to test the sound/ performance out.
    At the time I did the conversion it was raining to hard so no test ride, this will be posted as soon as it fines up here, in the garage it sounded grouse!
    My Question now is.... Should I be jetting my carbs... And recomendations to jet size, and basic adjustment... any ideas? This is a non catalitic converter free flow muffler designed for a 1000cc bike.
    Ideas???????
    This bike has also had the exhaust manifold welds ground back, if this makes a differance.
    The resulting sound is not extreme, it sounds more thoarty (sp) but the baffles can be changed by drilling out the rivets and replacing with bolts (already done on my muffler) this gives the ability to repack or remove packing or baffles (only one I believe) from the muffler.
    I will put photo's on soon, keep in mind I have not yet had a proper pipe made up this is to come.
    Last edited by Black Tuna; 07-05-2008, 09:29 AM. Reason: Bad grammer
    2006 GSXF750

Comment

uuummm.... well considering it's a "muffler" designed for a 1000cc bike, unless your using the header for said pipe, it matters not.

Comment

Ok thanks arsenic, I had no idea

I have riden it since, it sounds a lot louder on the road than in my garage, it certainly has more power, and the sound it makes under throtle is awesome!
        At 4000rpm though town it is loud enough for those around you to be aware of your presence, but not overly obsence, pull back on the throtle at those revs tho and it's a different story.
        2006 GSXF750

Comment

Comment

Coming, camera batteries were flat, weather is rather bad, waiting for a decent photo opertunity, sound clip will be done too if I can manage it.
            2006 GSXF750

Comment

Working...
            X