X

shaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaking

went and ran some errands today and i was doing speed limit (55) i went into a turn and then straight back out..... front end of bike started to shake bad and scared the outta me. i slowed down and it went away. i am having alot of issues with this girl but i will not let her defeat me....
    any reason on why this could have happened??

~thanks~
    just sayin

low front tire pressure, for starters...worn out headset bearings will also cause it...is the bike lowered?

EDIT:
    I checked your pics, and see your bike is in fact lowered quite a bit up front. Poor geometry in the suspension will cause head shake on these bikes in a bad way. I had the same thing happen to me when mine was lowered. Cure? raise it back up...
    Last edited by teddy; 07-20-2011, 12:28 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

yes bike is lowered
      just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by babygyrl View Post
        yes bike is lowered
        PM Tmod and talk to him about the best way to lower your baby. It makes a world of difference to have the suspension right.
        Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

what is your tire pressure set at? I'm assuming your bike is lowered so you can flat foot it, so raising it back up may not necessarily be an option for you. Is the rear lowered as well? If not, it should be...

You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

yes rear is lowered and i havent checked tire pressure yet but i will and yes girl before me had it lowered and she was shorter than me... but i will check pressure in a sec. and another ? what is the stock chain size for my bike... 02 600f... 530 120?

38 for front tire

Originally posted by teddy View Post
            low front tire pressure, for starters...worn out headset bearings will also cause it...is the bike lowered?

EDIT:
            I checked your pics, and see your bike is in fact lowered quite a bit up front. Poor geometry in the suspension will cause head shake on these bikes in a bad way. I had the same thing happen to me when mine was lowered. Cure? raise it back up...

this is the first time it has happened though. ive had her to up 80 one time, and nothing. so should i raise the front? shes going back into the shop since i need to replace tires, sprockets, and chain and fork seals
            Last edited by babygyrl; 07-20-2011, 01:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            just sayin

Comment

what about rear tire alignment, did you recently adjust your chain ? if its off it might attribute to the shaking.

stock chain is 530, 118

front sprocket : 15
              rear sprocket: 47
              Last edited by mammut89; 07-20-2011, 01:23 PM.
              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

only work that has been done to her has been a new head assembly and carb sync, spark plugs and tune up and valve adjustment
                just sayin

Comment

new head assembly, as in engine head? wow....

anywho, if it's the first and only time it has ever happened, it could be as simple as poor road conditions...chalk it up to an 'oh sh*t' moment and ride on...if it continues, get your fork stem bearings checked out...it sounds to me like it's lowered as proper as it can get for the most part, and if the rear alignment is good, and both tire pressures are good...keep riding (cautiously) and see what happens...

Comment

will do thanks teddy.. and cam shafts were bad so we replaced whole head
                    just sayin

Comment

Working...
                    X