X

electrical/battery problem?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical/battery problem?

Hey guys, new around here. Just started my kat project. Got everything working fine but then this happened lol.

So heres the story. Was riding low on gas to burn it before i replace the petcock tmrw (top cap leaks so need to drain it). I was driving down my street and the bike started to want to die. Threw on reserve and thought is was gas prob but the bike died. Checked gas, prob about 1/2 gal in it. So i started to crank it. cranked it about 4-5 times for 15 sec, was turning and wanting to start. But then i lost all power. Odd thing was that it didnt seem battery was draining, (steady cranks, no slowing). I also just had battery tested yesterday because i drained it cranking it when the engine flooded because of my petcock. Was riding it around all day fine.

I hooked it up to a charger with boost, which normally would start it right up, but its clicking. I dont think this is a battery problem, no lights or anything will turn on without the booster connected.

Was just curious as to what the problem might be, i am taking it apart now to check wiring and fuses and also trickle charging the battery.

Any input appreciated, sorry for a long post lol

lol problem fixed, loose ground cable, please delete
    Last edited by -Airwave-; 04-14-2011, 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'd say check for loose ground cables or something...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X