X

Katana 750 header/Bandit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 750 header/Bandit

Have done all the searches I could find on the site and every one of them has the Bandit 1200 header swapped onto the Kat 750....has anyone used a Kat 750 header on a Bandit 1200?
    Kat is a 2001....Bandit is a1997......
    I have access to a low mileage Bandit but no carbs and no header.....
    I realize the Bandit is a taller engine,just need to know if a little heat and beat will work.................Thanks guys
    Last edited by Kart; 06-07-2016, 04:57 PM. Reason: spelled heat wrong
    Pension Racing

They have very different oil pans. The 750 headers are very tight to the oil pan, and 4 into 2 duals, the oil pan has angled sides with narrow bottom so the headers can fit tight.
    The bandit has one side deep the other shallow, so the 4 into 1 collector will fit tight on the right side.

Comment

My 750 has the 4 into 1 collector and the oil pan that you describe for the Bandit.....about a 2" drop on the left side and shallow/flat right side where the collector hangs
      There looks to be about 3/8 of an inch clearance between the oil pan and collector at the tightest point......
      Pension Racing

Comment

Doh! I forgot the post 98 Ks have a 4 into 2 system. I been all pre 98.
        I put a 1127 into my 90, 750. Because of the longer stroke the cylinders are taller, about 12mm? That's probably too tall.
        Kan't measure it for you now, the bikes running good and I got all the body panels bolted on. Not taking those of again.
        I guess you ain't got any money, because Bandit headers and mufflers are kinda common, mostly for less than $300 complete.

Comment

I'd just like the look of the smaller single wall o.d. of the 750 header,tight and tucked in....as opposed to the large o.d. of the bandit double wall pipe,hanging off the front of the bike......building a naked bike,like the tight look...........
          Pension Racing

Comment

Me I'm looking for Yoshi headers or similar. For the 1989-92 GSXR1100, really rare. I am cheap and looking for something used.
            The common as dirt V&H, are drag bike headers, with the pipe/muffler way over on the right and low.

Comment

Thanks for the input.....I went through your build and found that you had a measurement of 17mm difference in height, because of the longer stroke motor
              Have found a Gsxr 1100 that will work..............
              Pension Racing

Comment

Working...
              X