X

Chopped main fairing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopped main fairing?

I planned on fixing all my fairings and making it look like a stock 600, but It is going to take too much effort out of me to fix them.

I have several fairing mounts that are missing or broken. Both lower mounts for the main fairing and one upper. I don't see a 20 y.o. fairing lasting very long if it is flapping in the wind.

Has anyone chopped a fairing. I haven't found any pics yet but I'm still looking. This what I'm thinking: (haven't committed to it yet lol)&(everything in the red would go)

What do you think?
    Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

i think that you would need to shave the back fender from the bottom a little, otherwise it's gonna look like it doesn't belong there....
    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Mine doesn't have a fender anymore. I just grabbed a quick pic from the web and headed to paint on vista.
      Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

check out the various street fighter katanas... I know someone has done something similiar...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          check out the various street fighter katanas... I know someone has done something similiar...

Krey
          I'm looking...

Comment

in the spring my buddy will start painting again and i'll get some pics up of how mine turned out.
            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
            Tony
            94 Katana 600

Comment

Are you chopping it similar to how I will?

Comment

nope.... it's the exact opposite... but i think BIGDUB did something similar to your design.
                Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                Tony
                94 Katana 600

Comment

Awesome. That is even better than what I was thinking. Thanks Ragazzo!

http://katriders.com/vb/member.php?u=14311

Comment

anytime i can help ....

hey u may want to pm big dub to see if he has some pointer for u.... he is a pretty helpful guy and tell him tony pointed u in his direction.
                    Last edited by il_ragazzo; 01-20-2010, 04:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    Tony
                    94 Katana 600

Comment

I had another idea for the fairings... I don't want all my electrical to be easily soaked by riding in the rain.

What do yall think of this design? (the thick red lines are what goes)

Comment

looks good start hackin away
                        Tony
                        94 Katana 600

Comment

I would but I'm looking for some more input...

Comment

Working...
                          X