X

Flush Mount L.E.D. Turn Signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flush Mount L.E.D. Turn Signals

These lights are for capping off the mirrors on a GSXR 1000. I am using them as rear turn signals after my fender elimination project. First I removed the rear light assembly and put it aside. Then I spliced the stock wire harness for the left and right turn signals on to the new lights. I then made a template for the holes, 3 BIG ones so make sure they are in the right spot. After drilling my holes, I installed the lights using 4 3/8 lock washers and 4 smaller washers with the nuts that came in the kit. reassemble and plug them in. By the way the black plug is the right side and the grey plug is the left side. Your signal will blink faster, you can fix it with about $4.00 worth of parts but I left mine fast to draw more attention. Let me know what you think, or if you have any questions.
    Attached Files

Looks nice and clean, nice job .

My only concern (as with any LED/flushmount signal swap) is are they visible? And by that I mean on a nice sunny day can the guy driving a few car lengths back tell your signaling a lane change or such.
    Kyle

Comment

That would be my concern, are they visible? Looks good otherwise.

Comment

They do look pretty sweet, but I'd have the same concern about reduced visibility, I think I'd be more likely to go for a set that wasn't a clear lens and try to get more contrast in the flash. All in all a pretty nice mod though, it's gotta look nice in person.
        "Screaming Eagle" = Harley dealer code for "Easily parts with money, and equates noise with performance."
        -----------------------------------------
        2004 Suzuki GSXF 600
        1982 Yamaha Maxim 750
        1977 Suzuki GS 400

Comment

They are brighter than my stock ones. My wife could see them when following me during the day today. I am adding a clear tail light with the swirling LED bulbs on Tuesday, I'll post pics when done.

Comment

Originally posted by MadKatter View Post
            They are brighter than my stock ones. My wife could see them when following me during the day today.
            Well in that case I think they're awesome. Probably not a terribly expensive upgrade either I'm guessing. Kind of have a lot on my plate right now bike-wise, but I could see this and an ignition advancer happening sometime in the middle of the summer.
            "Screaming Eagle" = Harley dealer code for "Easily parts with money, and equates noise with performance."
            -----------------------------------------
            2004 Suzuki GSXF 600
            1982 Yamaha Maxim 750
            1977 Suzuki GS 400

Comment

I bought them for $40.00 and used hardware I already had to mount them. There is a 1/8" space you have to make up for on the inside of the faring. The plate mount was done with a piece of aluminum angle stock. Here are some pics.
              Attached Files

Comment

That is a nice looking bike man. What did you use for the fender eliminator? And what was the cost?
                02' Katana 600
                D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

Originally posted by ras View Post
                  That is a nice looking bike man. What did you use for the fender eliminator? And what was the cost?
                  Hack saw, angle aluminum stock from Lowes $9.00, Stock screws from old plate bracket, 2 stainless steel bolts and nyloc nuts. Total cost under $15 for the materials + $40 for the LED lights. I'm kinda cheap that way, here is a pic.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I just hope that everyone else can se them. They look really nice though!!!
                    ~*Miss Behaven*~

Comment

Thanks for the info I think I will do the same thing much cheaper than a fender eliminator kit
                      02' Katana 600
                      D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

Good luck! If you have any questions I'll be happy to help. If you need more pics I can take some. I used a dremmel tool to clean up the edges and contour the aluminum to the plate. The gap in the center was from my original design which used the stock signals.

Comment

I got an integrated taillight so I wount be needing the turn signals. If you could post some pix of the underneath like where you made the cut that would be great.
                          02' Katana 600

Comment

Does this help?
                            Attached Files

Comment

yeah those looke pretty good.... nice post...
                              THE EMAIL BANDIT
                              F4 I stunted out
                              Cbr900 (low and stretched)
                              MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

Working...
                              X