X

Just a thought!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought!

I was just looking through all of the new posts......man this has been a bad month for Kats and/or members here! Several people having near misses on the road, dropped kats, a death!?

June has just not been a good month here! Anyone know whats going on!? Is it the time of year, is it the weather, is it coinicidence, or just bad karma!? lol

Combination of factors. Riders bringing their bikes out after being in storage all winter and spring thaws, not having enough riding under their belts. More cell phone users on the road than ever before. More traffic on the roads than ever before. etc, etc.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Poor car maintenance! Or increased usage of air conditions which leak anti-freeze and slipery crap all over the roads... Yep! I drop mine last week because of this reason.
      "Knowledge comes from finding the answers, yes, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom. Men who didn’t understand the difference have been the ruin of some of the world’s greatest civilizations." - Lionel Luthor

Comment

I slid through an intersection because of that a couple days ago . Yeah , it just seems like a bad year for us .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          I slid through an intersection because of that a couple days ago . Yeah , it just seems like a bad year for us .
          You ok?

Concerned...
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Just locked up the rear wheel , no big deal .

Comment

Oh, you skidded through the intersection -- not you slid through on your side. Gotcha... but I thought you just said your engine wasn't working

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It definately makes you think...it happens everyday all over the country and the world but it's hitting home more when its one of our own that we're reading about every week thats ending up in a bad situation.

More cars, more SUV's, more soccer mom's yelling at their kids, more business men talking on the phone and playing on their blackberry's while driving, and alot more motorcycles on the road these days, it's all adding up to one helluva riding season so far

Comment

I am starting to think that this is all my fault. Had I not gone down a few months ago, I maybe would have not started a trend Its like one happenes, then the ball just starts rolling.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    I am starting to think that this is all my fault. Had I not gone down a few months ago, I maybe would have not started a trend Its like one happenes, then the ball just starts rolling.
                    Attention whore!!

I agree with Matt.. (WK)
                    These are trying times for those getting 15 MPG..
                    And a good point by just5cents.

Lets all be extra careful!

Comment

I figured there would have been 2 more for sure, crap like this always happens in 3's. But it hasn't stopped happening. And I am being serious. I am just superstiocious like that I guess.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                        Lets all be extra careful!
                        Agreed

But we also got to realize that these things happen.....and that maybe it could just be one of those coinicedences where they are happening to people on here, imean cause we all dont live real close to each other lol so that may be the reason.

Even thou still i agree with Black_peter, Lets just ride safe!

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                          more business men talking on the phone and playing on their blackberry's while driving,
                          Hey! I was trying to figure out how to mount my bb to the bike j/k ...boss thought it was a bad idea too

Everyone Drive safe and within your ability

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            Oh, you skidded through the intersection -- not you slid through on your side. Gotcha... but I thought you just said your engine wasn't working

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Same day this happened was it was running PARTICULARLY bad . Got 27mpg all day , even though it felt and sounded like all cylinders were firing (most of the time ) . Oil level was high when I got home . Yup , there was gas in it . Gotta investigate , but it MAY finally be the end .
                            Oh yeah ...

Comment

Seems to me this year I've noticed alot of cagers not being aware of anything..Nobody seems to be yielding or paying attention at all or knowing were their going...Maybe its just getting more conjested in my area but this is rediculous...I find myself looking more and more at what the cager is going to do next...which is sad because its taking aeway from the ride..

Comment

Working...
                              X