X

Luggage rack and trunk question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggage rack and trunk question

Has anyone used the luggage rack from www.revsperformance.com on a pre 750? I was thinking of buying that and a genric top case from e bay or dennis kirk. Also if you have used a trunk/top case on it did it work well? I am looking for a more permanent set up other than my soft bags for commuting and touring. Thanks for the imput. Also any pics of you set up would be great!
    Current: 1992 Katana 750
    Sold: 2001 Shadow 750

I think MD86 uses that one with a generic from ebay. From the pics I've seen of his bike, it works really well (we're talking a loaded bike). That's where I'm planning to get a rack for my 02 when I get the money since I'm going to be commuting a lot more here soon.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Anyone have an example of the generic one? I tried to look it up on e bay but did not see one.

Comment

JC Whitney has some hard luggage.

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

See my ride profile . I have the Revs rack , and a cheapy $60 ebay trunk . I like it . Had to replace the springs in the trunk recently . No big deal , though . I like it .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I was debating wether to go cheapie or Givi. In the end I went for the more expensive Givi cause I felt that it would last a long time and if I got a different bike I could just get a new rack and move the box over.
            Attached Files
            2005 750 Katana
            sigpic

Comment

I like your set up. Is there a less expensive soruce for the rack On the website it looked to $118 plus shipping. How much is the shipping? Thanks.

Comment

I went to this site...

Found what I wanted, then went to a local dealer and they ordered it in. Saved on shipping costs. Plus they installed for free.

You could try the same using the US Givi site then taking the details to your local dealer and have them order it.

Might work
                2005 750 Katana
                sigpic

Comment

Looks Great

Originally posted by Alexanderr View Post
                  I was debating wether to go cheapie or Givi. In the end I went for the more expensive Givi cause I felt that it would last a long time and if I got a different bike I could just get a new rack and move the box over.
                  I was looking at to go with an E52 case, after seeing the V46 on your bike I think that's about as big as I want to go. Do you ever take on a passenger and do they have trouble getting on and off with the trunk?

Comment

I have taken my niece on board and she has no probs. Mind you shes 10 and a gymnist so she is a bit more flexible than me

Otherwise, the passenger just has to get on with out swinging their leg out to far and use the passenger foot peg.
                    2005 750 Katana
                    sigpic

Comment

When I bought my Givi's I wanted maximum capacity for when I go camping, so I went with E52 for the top case and E41 for side cases.

More pics here.
                      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Now that is one serious set of luggage and definitly puts the touring into sports touring.
                        2005 750 Katana
                        sigpic

Comment

I did basically the same as squiggy, with Givi hard luggage, sans the top-box & top-box rack:

Unfortunately, Givi no longer offers the racks for the 98+ Kat 600's... Grrrr...

Other great alternatives, if you're willing to give up your back seat:
                          Fast Pack (think cowl-meets-saddlebag concept):

SpeedPack:

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                          X