X

getting sick of hearing this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting sick of hearing this

I swear about 50% of the time when I show one of my online friends a picture of my bike and tell them I just got it the first reply is "you're going to kill yourself" anyone else sick and tired of hearing that?
    Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
    fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
    fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
    girls = yammah
    yammah = a bunch of liars

Re: getting sick of hearing this

I haven't heard anything like that in eons, but back when I started, I'd get that occasionally... I'd just smile wistfully and go "Gee, I sure hope so!" That usually shut them up.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I like it!!! Suicide machine! Havent really got that yet, sound's like something a girl might say! No offense to the ladies.
      2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
      vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
      JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

When I first got my bike my MOM was constantly on my arse about it. "You're gonna kill yourself on that thing." Even after my MSF course she STILL had a fit and rolled her eyes. NOW, she really doesn't say much about it.
        KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

Everybody hears this at some point.. My parents told me way back when I first started riding ATV's to be careful and not be stupid, respect the roads, the machine, the law and your skills.

Since then Ive heard what you have heard from friends or aquaintances, but not so much anymore. Yes it does get old though, no doubt.

Comment

You're gonna kill yourself if you keep breathing .....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

sounded like my mom. She hates sport bikes. My brother has had several over the last 14years. So when i got one she was pissed. Told me " if u need a bike why not get a cruiser?" I said " Anyone can wreck on those just as easy and they are almost as fast." its just those SQUIDS give sport bikes a bad name. Doing wheelies and speeding in and out of traffic. Those are the guys you see smeared on the road. Though us safe drivers still get wiped out , but not our fault. Damn cages never pay attention to us.
              " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

I usually just reply with something like "everbody's gonna die. Might as well die doing something I love"

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                  Everybody hears this at some point.. My parents told me way back when I first started riding ATV's to be careful and not be stupid, respect the roads, the machine, the law and your skills.

Since then Ive heard what you have heard from friends or aquaintances, but not so much anymore. Yes it does get old though, no doubt.
                  I'm just gonna stop there.
                  KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

"Maybe".
                    Ron
                    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

People just tell me to be careful.
                      Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

When someone says that, you gotta throw out an incredibly cheesy line like..

"I don't want to just stay alive, I want to LIVE."

or...

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time."

And that sorta shuts them up, or at least makes them look like a jackass

Comment

The President of the company i used to work for asked if i signed the back of my donor card when i first got my kat. I turned and asked him.. no have you.. then followed with... statistics show that you are more likely to die from your age than i am on my bike.

He never said anything about the bike to me again.
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

My brother in law asked what size it was and on hearing a 750 he said " Well thats good, at least you won't kill yourself"

Comment

Kindly inform them of their ignorance to motorcycling. You accept a risk by riding, but you can ride safely and intelligently, which dimishes the chance of a fatal accident. There's a chance of death in everything you do.

Comment

Working...
                              X