No announcement yet.
X

Sadly.......I think my bike has to go.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best wishes to you and your fiance KnightRider. Rest assured that you are making a good decision. You can always get another bike later. You can't live with your parents forever... well... some losers do... but don't be one of them.
    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

LOL, thanks everyone. I will be upset for a while, and defiantley give the SU-FI to local Kat riders (steve,kevin,eric) because they will still have their Kats......and I won't. lol (if I ever sell it).

Heck, it might take a while to get another bike.....but when I do, it will be worth the wait.

I just want my Kat to go to a worthy person, not someone who will let the thing waste away........If it turns out noone is worthy till next summer,....then thats what will happen. This isn't the best time to be selling a bike anyway......so we'll see what happens.
      My sig is boring.

Comment

i was thinking of selling my bike because of me moving out and buying a house. but then i realized. this is something i love as well. you can't give up things you like doing for "love". i'm not saying at all what you are doing is wrong blah blah blah. but my opinion is that you can't give up things you like to do to be with someone or to go a certain way in life. if you do, you'll realize that life isn't really much fun without doing those activities you used to like to do but thought you had to give up in order to mature. in the end selling the bike would give me a quick 4g, but it'd leave a nice hole in my heart from something that i love doing but can't. before you go and sell your bike, look at all the other ways you can gain financially. loans, mortgage etc. i almost made the mistake of selling my bike. didn't and am now very thankful i didn't. whatever you decide, hope all goes well for you

Comment

KnightRider, man that's a tough one. All I can say is make the decision that seems best for you and don't dwell on "what if's". Just keep moving forward.

When I got married (1988) I was strapped for cash, too, and wanted to the right thing because the car I had was starting to cost me money in repairs. So I sold it for about $1200 and got a Dodge Omni. (Don't laugh....Nice, practical, and tough. I beat the snot out of that car. 210K miles before it died and 90,000 on the original clutch.)

Well it's 2005, the wife and I split 4 years ago, but I have a wonderful son, fantastic girlfriend who rides, two bikes (counting BF's), and I'm astonished about how things turned out. If you never lose sight of what you really want in life you'll find a way of obtaining it. It may not be "right now" but who's to say "right now" is the "right time"?

Oh, BTW. The car:
          1970 Dodge Challenger 440.
          The last time I checked Barrett/Jackson one sold for a envious $95,000.

But looking back on my life, I'd be hard-pressed to go back and change anything. Go with your heart and gut.
          sigpic

Comment

ride it as much as you can

Comment

RIP...

When I got married, part of my deal was to buy the bike... No bike no wedding.... (well not quite as tough but close)

Comment

Working...
              X