X

I didn't know this scooter was named kuprito katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't know this scooter was named kuprito katana

What a Disgrace. Is it really named like that Cyber?
    Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

What are you talking about ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Single sidded swingarm? I'd say it's an improvement

Comment

Yes, in pretty much all of Europe, Suzuki retired the Katana name for the GSX600F/GSX750F back at the end of '87, and then in '97 reintroduced the name for a line of single-cylinder 2-stroke 49cc scooters (the air-cooled Suzuki AY50 & A50 models, and the liquid-cooled AY50R). The ones with the hooked exhaust that curves back around to the front have a catalytic converter of some sort for additional pollution control.

Here's an '02 Suzuki Katana AY50 for example:

Specs on an '05 Suzuki A50 Katana:
        49cc direct-cylinder-injection 2-stroke, 2.55 HP at 5500 RPM, 76 lb-ft of torque at 6300 RPM, electrical start, variable-ratio belt-driven automatic transmission, top speed of 28 mph, dry weight of 201 lbs, total fuel storage 1.8 gallons. 35 watt headlight. 140 watt total electrical output when running. Telescopic front forks, mono-shock rear. Maintenance free 12 volt 3 Amp-hour battery. 3 colors offered: blue & white, black, red. GVWR: 606 lbs.

'05 Suzuki Scooter pamphlet (German, PDF): http://www.motorrad-suzuki.de/downlo...katana-a50.pdf

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

lol its got the right shovel to be a katana so the name fits

Comment

Some place in Ocean City, MD rents scooters that look like the Katana motorcycles from the back. I have no idea what model they are. ::shrugs::

Comment

go to ebay and there are parts for them there all the time

Comment

They should remove it from the market.
                Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Cowl it

It needs a Braada Cowl
                  Hugger and nice Slip on.

"Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

I can almost see some of the Katana features in the back.

Comment

It looks more like a GSXR...especially in that color...
                      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Tito750
                        They should remove it from the market.
                        My guess is that they sell more of them in Europe than they sell GSX600F/GSX750F models combined...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Maybe you're right Cyber.

Comment

I hadn't seen the picture. lol lil'gixxer

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            Yes, in pretty much all of Europe, Suzuki retired the Katana name for the GSX600F/GSX750F back at the end of '87, and then in '97 reintroduced the name for a line of single-cylinder 2-stroke 49cc scooters (the air-cooled Suzuki AY50 & A50 models, and the liquid-cooled AY50R). The ones with the hooked exhaust that curves back around to the front have a catalytic converter of some sort for additional pollution control.

Here's an '02 Suzuki Katana AY50 for example:

Specs on an '05 Suzuki A50 Katana:
                            49cc direct-cylinder-injection 2-stroke, 2.55 HP at 5500 RPM, 76 lb-ft of torque at 6300 RPM, electrical start, variable-ratio belt-driven automatic transmission, top speed of 28 mph, dry weight of 201 lbs, total fuel storage 1.8 gallons. 35 watt headlight. 140 watt total electrical output when running. Telescopic front forks, mono-shock rear. Maintenance free 12 volt 3 Amp-hour battery. 3 colors offered: blue & white, black, red. GVWR: 606 lbs.

'05 Suzuki Scooter pamphlet (German, PDF): http://www.motorrad-suzuki.de/downlo...katana-a50.pdf

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                            X