Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mojoe
    Originally posted by Black_peter
    Range you got your bung welded up?!?!?
    he had to. the prison system requested it for when he does the monthly fire extinguisher inspections. something about the inmates finding him a "pretty boy".

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

he had to. the prison system requested it for when he does the monthly fire extinguisher inspections. something about the inmates finding him a "pretty boy".
      OK...that was funny!

No...the bung comes prewelded to the frame...done on assembly (thats what they do with SS bikes) On the daytona...its not an actual bung (some bikes have those...and for steering stabilizers too....but an actual mounting hole machined into the frame.

Basically...what I am trying to say....some bikes have a spot for them...the Kats don't....if you want to do it....do it under advisement...that is all.

If you have a relatively low speed slide...everything should be ok...but a major crash where the slider could dig in...then you will more then likely receive frame damage...which is fatal to a bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Range
        OK...that was funny!

No...the bung comes prewelded to the frame...done on assembly (thats what they do with SS bikes) On the daytona...its not an actual bung (some bikes have those...and for steering stabilizers too....but an actual mounting hole machined into the frame.

Basically...what I am trying to say....some bikes have a spot for them...the Kats don't....if you want to do it....do it under advisement...that is all.

If you have a relatively low speed slide...everything should be ok...but a major crash where the slider could dig in...then you will more then likely receive frame damage...which is fatal to a bike.
        ahhh.....just what i said with my first reply. sliders WILL mess up your frame if they dig in....and with an aluminum frame, it will happen much more easily.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I guess I'll pass on frame sliders then, seems like risk vs reward isn't worth it.
          Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
          fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
          fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
          girls = yammah
          yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

WTF!!!!!!! They want 275 for some big a$$ chunks of plastic that look like a 4 pound block of asphalt. No way! They can keep that crap. I'll take my chances with having something fabricated that will hold a bolt and clamp on to the frame just like theirs. Hell I figure if it bends the frame I was going pretty darn fast anyways and a bent frame will be the least of my worries.
            Ride On,
            Jon

Comment

They list GSX750F and GSF600, but not GSX600F. And the GSF600 are for '02 to '04.

So, the ba$tard pre98 Kat600 stays out in the cold.

Comment

Working...
              X