No announcement yet.
X

750 Stree Fighter Build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I moved the rear brake reservoir and most of the wiring to under the seat and along the frame. I tucked the wiring under the neck below the tank. Not too difficult and pretty easy stuff since there is plenty of room. The brake reservoir was tricky because I had to get the right tubing to run the proper length from its new location. Not bad though...
    [IMG][/IMG]

This is what the bike all buttoned up. Tomorrow I have to put the shorty exhaust on, but other than that, this is the overall look. I am going to do some tweaks like frame sliders and other things later. I am also thinking I want to find another Katana 750 and do the same frame set up, but with a Ducati 1198 tail over the rear as originally planned. I think it would look pretty cool.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by colbudahas; 10-17-2014, 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Overall, that's well done. I think you addressed the visual frame concerns I've expressed before very well in it's reconfiguration. Awesome work!

Personally, the round headlight by it's self... looks like an afterthought to a great piece of work.

I would suggest you install some sort of brace back in the fender mounting location. Even if it's the original bracket cut a bit differently. A good deal of your front end stability comes from that bracket.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Frame looks really nice, good additions!
        +1 to the headlight, the whole area around it isn't as clean as the rest of the bike, which you did a great job of cleaning up.
        Maybe add a front fender?
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

looks great

Comment

hate to give neg opinions on someone who puts in so much work to make the bike look so much better, but thats why we post here right ,should read my rat build thread i got some brutal comments but its all about what you want to make it your own , i was going to reply sooner to suggest you shorten the tail some, i always think the kats have too much overhang , you could also consider a MT09 or V Rod headlights still single headlights but look much more modern, great work though
            Last edited by ratana 7fiddy; 01-02-2015, 09:27 AM. Reason: mispell

Comment

Working...
            X