X

+98 Shock Swap (yes I did a search!)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +98 Shock Swap (yes I did a search!)

OK guys... I did the search and the only shock I saw listed for +98 600s was the RF900 shock ( or the Ohlins...) Are there any other possibilites for me? I don't need anything right now, but being a modder at heart I would like to replace it eventually without draining my wallet.

If I missed a thread somewhere, just point me to it and I'll be done. If not.... any suggestions? Thanks.
    sigpic

In Life, you either lead, follow, or circumnavigate the whole process....

I think your search function is broke if you didnt find this.

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
    mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Comment

Originally posted by wcj View Post
      I think your search function is broke if you didnt find this.

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54182
      Nope, I'm sure it's not broke. If you look, he specifically said the only one listed is the rf900, same as that thread.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

I picked up a 2007 Hayabusa shock that looks like it'll fit without much drama. I'll have to relocate the battery a tad to clear the res, and should raise the back a bit.

Got it for like 70 on ebay.
        - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
        2005 F4i -

Comment

I have a 1992 GSXR 750 shock on a 98+ knuckle

Comment

since the 98+ shock will swap to a pre98..... then you could assume that anything that will fit in a pre98 will also likely fit in a 98+. Just remember, when you are mixing and matching parts as so many of us do, you are largely in uncharted territory, so you kinda just have to figure things out as you go.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

or just ask me If your not supposed to do it, I've probably done it.

Comment

98+ 750 comes with a remote reservoir, and the Bandit shocks are also a direct swap.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                X