• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, thanks Krey!
    Steve
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Hmm, never seen or heard of those just falling out..
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
        Hmm, never seen or heard of those just falling out..
        You obviously haven't tried hard enough
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

i had the floats in my ultrasonic cleaner along with a basket full of other smaller parts. after I pulled all of the parts out and was getting ready to dump the chemicals I heard them rolling in the bottom. lesson learned, always check before just dumping the chemical solution.

side note: lots of parts ordered, waiting on their arrival to begin putting it back together. in the meantime, tank is getting treated for the rust.....
          Steve
          94 Katana 600

Comment

Kreylyn - nozzle end in first?

Took the gas cap apart and sonic cleaned it up. Put some lube on the internals and assemble. Works flawlessly now and super smooth.

Flushed the tank and got the remaining rust out. Air dried it out and getting ready to put everything back together when the rest of the parts show up.

Hoping all of the other carb and clutch parts come in next week
            Steve
            94 Katana 600

Comment

Cupped end faces out.
              I would recommend sealing that tank, once it rusts the rust proofing is gone and will continue to rust. Especially with the ethanol fuel which is hydroscopic (absorbs moisture) and is on the corrosive side.
              Last edited by 92xjunker; 07-10-2016, 03:55 PM.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Krey might be slow to answer this week, he's on vacation.
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Nice project

Comment

Thanks 92xjunker.
                    Steve
                    94 Katana 600

Comment

Hope that helps.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

perfectly!
                        Steve
                        94 Katana 600

Comment

i was working on the fuel petcock this weekend getting the rust off and out of it before assembling again. as I was looking it over I noticed tears in the screen material.

I did a web search and none of my usual part sources carry this part by itself, anyone have a source for this? or should I just take it off and just put an in-line filter in?
                          Steve
                          94 Katana 600

Comment

You'd have to replace the entire fuel cock assembly.
                            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

The screen can be pulled right off, and swapped out. Unfortunately your right, they don't come separately. You can buy a used petcock that has a good screen and swap it over if you wanted.

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks for the information guys. after taking the screen out and then looking at the petcock itself it looks pretty ugly down in the guts, so I am thinking find a good used one or cheap new one, probably the latter.

I began putting the carb back on last night and was making a list of items that still need some work. are these bikes prone to rubbing the various wires, hoses, cables under the tank? there is lots of wear under there: one wire loom is worn such that it is through the tape and into the wire where copper is exposed, clutch cable has worn through the outer sleeve and can see the metal inner protection, spark plug wires worn to the wire strands, various hoses pinched and kinked. maybe the original owner was getting in there and didn't get things put back in the correct places, but there is a lot of wear going on under the tank.

the most of the rest of this list is pretty straight forward, but do need to replace the spark plug wires.
                                Last edited by mcgyverit; 07-26-2016, 06:04 AM.
                                Steve
                                94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                                X