X

2001 gsx750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 gsx750

just got the bike and after it warms up and i ride for a min it will not start untill it cools off .has anyone had this prob?

Originally posted by pitbullnc View Post
    just got the bike and after it warms up and i ride for a min it will not start untill it cools off .has anyone had this prob?

Tests to narrow down the issue...

Warm it up and turn it off to recreate the issue.

Try starting it and slowly turn the throttle very ligthly. Keep going until it's wide open. If it starts, or you hear it hit like it's going to start... then you have a rich condition. If nothing at all....

Then try starting it and slowly open the choke/pull the lever. Very slowly. If you find that adding choke in any increment will start it... you have an overly lean issue.

Do not do choke and throttle at the same time. They do opposit things.

If neither work, I would suggest you check your battery voltage and power output at the coils when the starter is turning the motor over.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the info. Ill give it a try

Comment

found out i had a bad alt. and running rich . what kind of vac. gauge would you recommend for syn. the carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by pitbullnc View Post
          found out i had a bad alt. and running rich . what kind of vac. gauge would you recommend for syn. the carbs?
          I like the MotionPro sync pro but many will also reccommend the Morgan Carbtune as well

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
            X