X

pic of vance & hines exhaust please?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pic of vance & hines exhaust please?

im looking for a picture of a vance & hines header (pre-98) to compare mine to because mine dont seem to be fitting correctly. The lip/thicker part on the header seems to be too long and i can't flange close enough to bolt on.

I haven't looked at it in the day time yet but if anyone had a picture and some advice that would be helpful.

My next guess is there is some spacer or something on the motor that i couldnt see? i have no idea what that would be...

I'm not sure if these will help or not, but here you go. Also it's is a pain to get the flanges aligned and the bolts started the only thing between the head and the header flange is the round exhaust seals. I have to lie on my back and be patient to get them started. the headed brackets don't lay right on the head like a car header would.

Richard
    Attached Files
    96 Suzuki GSX750F
    89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
    05 Yamaha WR450F
    05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

from what i remember (i cant see it until wednesday) there was prob 3-4 inches where the headers were bigger (and thats where the flanges stopped) and at the end of that there was a flare to mount to the head. I thought the header would just go "into" the head about 3/4 of that but it didnt and the flanges sat a couple inches away from the head, making it impossible to mount

do you have any input on that?

Comment

Sure it fits a Katana? Mine looks just like ep87's:
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Hemi's got a much better picture then mine, and like he said I'd check to make sure you have the correct part. Could you post pictures of the header in question?

I just took a look at the yosh header on my 600 project and with the exception of the tube routing the mount is identical to the V&H setup.

Richard
          96 Suzuki GSX750F
          05 Yamaha WR450F
          05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

something tells me mine arent the correct headers. Ill prob end up removing the ones off the parts bike and trying them instead...assuming i can get them off. its a yoshimura system on an 1988 katana, do you think that will fit on a 96?

i will take pictures on wednesday and see what you guys think.

Comment

Yes 88 yosh should fit the 96 no problem.

Richard
              96 Suzuki GSX750F
              05 Yamaha WR450F
              05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

88 & 96 use the same thing.

Comment

next trick is getting the damn thing off...theres even two different types of bolts...

Does anyone know what type of bolt i can buy to replace them?

Comment

Originally posted by kwillz17 View Post
                    The proper kind are usually best... I'm not sure of the exact size, but you should be able to find the bolts you need on www.bikebandit.com or your local dealer
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by kwillz17 View Post
                      next trick is getting the damn thing off...theres even two different types of bolts...

I just went to Sears and bought stainless allen heads.
                      Originally posted by arsenic
                      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                        I just went to Sears and bought stainless allen heads.
                        would you happen to have the size/thread spacings?

Comment

The Vance and Hines headers for the pre98 600's are kinda funky. I get the feeling that they were designed to be used without exhaust gaskets, because you are right, the flange ends up too far from the head. Without the exhaust gaskets in, they fit closer. I have a Vance and Hines 600 header, a Vance and Hines 750 header, and a stock Bandit 1200 header, and only the Vance and Hines 600 header fits funny like that.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I don't know if its just V&H, my Yoshimura pre header fits the same, slighty protruding from the head. I don't think it would be a good idea to run without some sort of seal. You could always cut some thinner seals out of a piece of sheet copper, if you wanted to draw it in some.

Richard
                            96 Suzuki GSX750F
                            05 Yamaha WR450F
                            05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X