X

Bored with Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored with Kat

This is not a flame on KATS at all, I am just getting bored with mine. My fiance is getting her bike license in a month anyways, which is perfect. I hope she can take the Kat and be happy. My question is whats my next step? I am more of a straight line type of guy. What did you guys upgrade to after the Kat? Will I get that much more from changing sprockets etc?

Well, by straight line do you mean you like drag racing or just not riding twisty roads?

Any of the modern 600 SS bikes will amaze you (compared to the kat). I enjoy mine, but I really wish I would have gotten a 750 instead. Same bike/weight, just 20+ more hp.
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Exactly, I like the 0-60 speed, the feel of the power, not so much layin it down in the twisties. I just don't want to buy another 600 and not like it. So maybe GSXR 750/1000 or go nuts with a ZX-14/Busa? LOL

Comment

This requires more details. How long have you been riding streetbikes for, and how long have you been riding the kat? What other bikes have you ridden?
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by Relheok View Post
          Exactly, I like the 0-60 speed, the feel of the power, not so much layin it down in the twisties. I just don't want to buy another 600 and not like it. So maybe GSXR 750/1000 or go nuts with a ZX-14/Busa? LOL
          Going "nuts" may very well cost you your "nuts"...... both on insurance and otherwise. But hey....... it's all in what you're going to use it for. Just curious.....but why would you suggest it's all good if she were to take your 600? I wouldn't wish that many cc's on any new rider for their first year.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Dont worry about what people think bud. I bought a 600 Katana for my first bike and after 2 weeks i was already wishing i bought a 750 Kat instead. Oh well I sold my Kat yesterday and I have to deliver it on Wednesday so my next bike is either a 750 Kat or a Busa. I would also consider an SV1000. Good luck bro, and the 600 Kat i think is a good bike for your girl, if shes short just drop it a few inches.

Comment

V-max .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Man up and buy an 1100
                charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

Originally posted by Kat99 View Post
                  my next bike is either a 750 Kat or a Busa.
                  Well theres a hell of a gap in decisions. Just sayin.
                  Joker
                  The newest addition to the Family!
                  sigpic
                  stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                    Going "nuts" may very well cost you your "nuts"...... both on insurance and otherwise. But hey....... it's all in what you're going to use it for. Just curious.....but why would you suggest it's all good if she were to take your 600? I wouldn't wish that many cc's on any new rider for their first year.
                    yeah but the kat aint that bad i rode only two years with a gs500 and only done 4500 km.... and then sold it and a year with out a bike and now i have my kat and it would of been as easy to learn on..... and also more comfortable i hated the 500 after a couple of weeks lol

Comment

I Got a customized 01 gsxr 600 for sale
                      www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                      Katana Frame Sliders
                      The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                      98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                      I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Originally posted by Relheok View Post
                        My question is whats my next step? I am more of a straight line type of guy. What did you guys upgrade to after the Kat?
                        A BHC-3-LS-3 should go pretty fast in a straight line.

Comment

If you just wanna go in straight lines, get it over with and just buy a cruiser.
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

if you're boored, do a track day and learn corners. if that dont add some excitement i dont know what will. best of both worlds. speed and twisties.
                            99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                            1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                            '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                            Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

there are a lot of differnt bikes out there. the thing is you have to find the right one for you

My Kat 1100 found me just reciently and I love it
                              Last edited by MadMax90; 08-08-2009, 10:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X