Katana of the Month - November 2007  teddy

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Wiring and Electrics

Wiring and Electrics Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems

Old 06-11-2018, 10:39 PM   #1
SmdirL
Chicken Strip

Default Gear Position Sensor

Firstly, I did read as much as I could in other posts, I just have a couple unclear questions in my head.

So i've order a replacement gear switch, but I also plan on ditching the stock gauges and getting a digital speedo that has a gear position indicator built into it. So my question is, will I be able to just connect the wires to it and have it working, or will I still need some type of board to read the signals from the switch.

I apologize for bringing up anything that may have been answered, but in my defense I tried! Heh.
SmdirL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
Kreylyn
Kat King

eBay ID: Kreylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmdirL View Post
Firstly, I did read as much as I could in other posts, I just have a couple unclear questions in my head.

So i've order a replacement gear switch, but I also plan on ditching the stock gauges and getting a digital speedo that has a gear position indicator built into it. So my question is, will I be able to just connect the wires to it and have it working, or will I still need some type of board to read the signals from the switch.

I apologize for bringing up anything that may have been answered, but in my defense I tried! Heh.
If you have ordered a multi gear puck and the digital readout has input for them, then it's should be simple as connect the puck to the speedo.

Krey

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"
Kreylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
SmdirL
Chicken Strip

Yeah, honestly this thread could be deleted if you want. It looks like the speedo I ordered has an individual wire for each signal and it should work just fine. I couldn't find any of the sensors discussed on other topics that were confirmed to fit, but I'm hoping this one does, it should. From an 82 GS1100GL, and if it doesn't I think I would just snag the pins from it and drill out the sensor I have. I choose to buy a used one for $10 rather than spend $65 for new.
SmdirL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Service Department > Wiring and Electrics