Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anyone ride a YZF-R6 bike? Lookin at the 2006..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sat on the R6 06, it wasnt very comfortable. The R1 06 is a lot more comfortable. The front os the seat is a little wider than the R1. I like my Kat's seat a lot better. The R6 06 is supposedly built for the track and redlines at 17,500 rpm. I think thats the highest redline I have seen on any bike.

If you wanna compare the specs, check out this link

Specifications of 40 000 motorcycles made 1894-2024. Pictures. Rider comments.

Skotty
    2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Originally posted by skotty
      I sat on the R6 06, it wasnt very comfortable. The R1 06 is a lot more comfortable. The front os the seat is a little wider than the R1. I like my Kat's seat a lot better. The R6 06 is supposedly built for the track and redlines at 17,500 rpm. I think thats the highest redline I have seen on any bike.

If you wanna compare the specs, check out this link

Specifications of 40 000 motorcycles made 1894-2024. Pictures. Rider comments.

Skotty
      Did you get the memo?

'01 TL1000R

Comment

Whay aren't there cover sheets on any of your TPS reports?

Has anyone seen my stapler?

Comment

Originally posted by smileyman
          Whay aren't there cover sheets on any of your TPS reports?

Has anyone seen my stapler?

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchey79
            My 2002 R6 is 1000 times more comfortable to ride then my katana, even on very long trips of 200 miles or more. Even my GF says the R6 is way more comfortable to ride. Not only that any R6 ever made will kick the $hit out of any and I mean any Katana ever made reguardless of size. Take it from someone who owns one, the R6 is hands down the best all around sport bike you can buy, it will out run most bike made through 3rd gear, it will out corner a GSXR750 and 1000. And it's way more comfortable than any other superbike on the market. Now I'm sure the new Katana's are more comfortable but you have to decide what bike is right for you. This is just an honest comparison from someone who loves both bikes. I used to be one of the guys that ragged on the kanotuna, but now that I own one I see the adavantages that the bike has over the superbikes. It's definetly a beginers bike and it's way more forgiving than any other sportbike. You can have a little slower reflexs and a little less throttle control and still have the time of your life on a Kat. the R6 is a little more wicked and I would not reccomend this bike for a novice at all. But if you have ridden sport bikes before and are ready for the ride of your life with ALOT cheaper insurance rates then your bro's on the Liter bikes then pick yourself up and R6 you will never regret. And if you do then I'll be more than happy to add your new R6 to my collection.
            The Katana is by no means a beginner bike,think about it a750 will do 140+.Thats not for beginners. My cousins first bike was a 03 R6,he was a beginner so go figure.Ive ridden against friends with R6's and myself have ridden the bikes and to be honest I was impressed but not that impressed.You have to be up around 12grand to red to get everything out of the R6.And as far as the Kat being a forgiving bike the suspension on a Kat is far less superior than the R6 so it takes a hell of alot more work to control a Kat than a race ready R6. I guess I'm a little tired of the beginner bike label.

Comment

sorry but maybe its the fur slowin you down!

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
                Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Originally posted by gsxr6racer
                I thought the reason to own a bike was to have something childish and unpractical and not necessary???
                That's why we have women in our lives...
                Damn straight!

Try getting your bike to .... darn I was almost a biatch
                Guylaine
                Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by _Sky_
                  Try getting your bike to .... darn I was almost a biatch
                  Sky, take my statement as a compliment... after all, you don't want to nit-pick the subject (trust me)

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X