Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anyone ride a YZF-R6 bike? Lookin at the 2006..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ride a YZF-R6 bike? Lookin at the 2006..

How do they compare performance wise to a 05 Kat 750? They do not look as comfy that is for sure, but did not know if anyone had ridden one could comment on them and their build quality?

jC

ive ridden the yammies i dont like them now im bias i hate the way there set up and feel the engineering on them is piss poor there alot of room for improvement. if your gonna move to a super sport buy the gix 600 much better bike makes 3 more hp then the yammie and much better built bike and its half way comfy even for a fat guy ;like me

Comment

Performance wise the R6 will kick the crap out of a Kat 750! But the power is delivered in a way different way, gotta wind the piss out of the R6 and the Kat will have better mid range. I know a little guy (5'8"ish and 150ish) and will ride nothing but R6's and loves them.
      Less weight is more power!!

Comment

I haven't ridden the '06 model yet. R6's that I have ridden are fast, nimble, small (verging on tiny under you) super bikes... amazing mechanical engineering...
        ...but IMHO they are uncomfortable after about 20 minutes (heavy on my wrists, especially over interstate slab expansion joints, hard on the neck because of the positioning), and I'm not tickled pink by the fact that the main powerband doesn't come on hard until about the time you hit five digit revs. I'm sure the typical owner comes to grips with this in exchange for the raw performance potential, and if your riding is generally done in one hour spurts acting like a track star, I'm sure it's a great bike. The engine certain sounds sweet rev'ing out at 14k...

But if your riding is longer, further, and you don't tend to ride to take advantage of the extra HP and nimble handling (gee, there's only so many corners in Florida and I don't tend to cruise over 130 on two wheels pretty much no matter what I'm on), it simply doesn't make much sense to me except for the bling factor. Like most bikes on the market, what people buy is often not what would suit their real-world needs best, but what their heart thinks it desires.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

A friend of mine had a 94 Kat 750,believe it or not for his first street bike,turned out to be a good rider though. He ended up riding it for a season and a half,before he fell into the 'Squid" group of friends.Neadless to say they hounded him called him the old KANOTUNA sh#t so the Pussy sold it...bought an R6 to fit in then came back and told me the Kat was faster at the top end than the R6,with his girl on the back.Not to mention more comfertable.To make matters worse the dude he sold his Kat to never regestered the bike and rode it illegally got into a high speed chase with the local cops in exess of 130MPH according to the paper crashed the bike and ran.So at 4am the cops were at my buddies door wanting to arrest him because according to MV it was still his!He got out of it all but the worst of it all was the wrecked Kat that he painstakenly worked on in my garage was destroyed and sitting in a salvage yard just inside the fence around the corner of his house...that sucks doesnt it.....anyway he to this day likes that Kat,I cant say better than the R6 for sure but I think he does a bit.

Comment

my buddy keeps his 2003 r6 @ my place, its fast as hell but very uncomfortable, i feel like im laying on the tank. All depends on what your looking for in a bike.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

My 2002 R6 is 1000 times more comfortable to ride then my katana, even on very long trips of 200 miles or more. Even my GF says the R6 is way more comfortable to ride. Not only that any R6 ever made will kick the $hit out of any and I mean any Katana ever made reguardless of size. Take it from someone who owns one, the R6 is hands down the best all around sport bike you can buy, it will out run most bike made through 3rd gear, it will out corner a GSXR750 and 1000. And it's way more comfortable than any other superbike on the market. Now I'm sure the new Katana's are more comfortable but you have to decide what bike is right for you. This is just an honest comparison from someone who loves both bikes. I used to be one of the guys that ragged on the kanotuna, but now that I own one I see the adavantages that the bike has over the superbikes. It's definetly a beginers bike and it's way more forgiving than any other sportbike. You can have a little slower reflexs and a little less throttle control and still have the time of your life on a Kat. the R6 is a little more wicked and I would not reccomend this bike for a novice at all. But if you have ridden sport bikes before and are ready for the ride of your life with ALOT cheaper insurance rates then your bro's on the Liter bikes then pick yourself up and R6 you will never regret. And if you do then I'll be more than happy to add your new R6 to my collection.
              Hey, hold my beer and watch this!

Comment

I test rode a new R1 last year, pretty similar ergo's as the R6. It was surprisingly comfortable for me. I like the CBR RR's but they seat is like a plank and it just bugs me to ride one..but Yamaha's are more comfortable then you might think. The power of the R6 is stunning, as is all the new 600 class bikes. The R6 and the R1 are both wheelie machines with just a simple flick of the wrist you can be 12 oclock all day.

I wouldnt say its quite as comfortable as Kat becuz they are 2 different bikes made for 2 different purposes but they each do very very well for what they are designed for.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Like most bikes on the market, what people buy is often not what would suit their real-world needs best, but what their heart thinks it desires.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Exactly. I want an Aprilia just so I can uncover it for 15 minutes every night and rub my bare ass on it while whispering seductive forgetmenots to it.
                  What the deuce!?!

Comment

Like most bikes on the market, what people buy is often not what would suit their real-world needs best, but what their heart thinks it desires.
                    Originally posted by bamarama
                    Exactly. I want an Aprilia just so I can uncover it for 15 minutes every night and rub my bare ass on it while whispering seductive forgetmenots to it.
                    That's the whole reason MeanStrk has one

Oh, those long moon-lit nights drive him wild....

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I thought the reason to own a bike was to have something childish and unpractical and not necessary???
                      Less weight is more power!!

Comment

Originally posted by gsxr6racer
                        I thought the reason to own a bike was to have something childish and unpractical and not necessary???
                        That's why we have women in our lives...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by gsxr6racer
                          That's why we have women in our lives...
                          Damn straight!
                          "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

You will never want to take a passenger on a serious 2 up ride with the R6. Even a midget would have a hard time.

You will never want to trail brake the Katana into turn 8 at Texas World Speedway.

Where do you want to compromise?

Comment

why choose... get one of each! it seems to work for Richey79. i think my next bike will be a gsxr750, but i'll keep the kat for touring and 2up. (dreaming of course)
                              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Working...
                              X