Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Tricks to using headphones while riding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ngilbert
    I have the Koss buds as well, but I can't get the amount of isolation that I'm looking for. I've changed the foam buds with modified ear plugs, which works.... until I pull my helmet on and the darn things get pulled out.... damn ears...
    I do that when I lose the foam pieces or they get sufficiently nasty , and never have a problem . Been using the Koss buds for YEARS . I'm on my third set , actually .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by allnitedj72
      Teh_K, does your VOX have a separate jack for the mic? or is it integrated with the stereo plug?
      My VOX only takes 1 plug, so it needs to be integrated - got any ideas?
      "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Originally posted by Teh_K
        Originally posted by FrankTheTank
        I've never used earphones while riding. Instead I sing to myself.
        I'm pretty good too. :P The acoustics of the Shoei RF-900 are nice.
        +1
        Please tell me I'm not the only yahoo singing to himself on the highway!! Otherwise I better find a therapist. :P
        Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          At $18 or some such for the headset I use at Target, I figure it's cheap enough to build into all of my helmets (well, except for the one with the Chatterbox)
          hmmm... the economics are sound, fer sure. I know you made mention of it in the past, but could you be so kind as to point me in the direction of these headsets you mention? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ngilbert
            Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            At $18 or some such for the headset I use at Target, I figure it's cheap enough to build into all of my helmets (well, except for the one with the Chatterbox)
            hmmm... the economics are sound, fer sure. I know you made mention of it in the past, but could you be so kind as to point me in the direction of these headsets you mention? Thanks.
            They're listed on my how-to web page for the headset install. Phillips SBC HS500 stereo headset with mini-jack.
            Any headset will work in general, but you want to look for two things in particular:
            (A) A very high volume rating (they were the loudest rated ones I could find under $100 after visits to 4 different stores and countless internet searches, being rated at 106 dB -- most were 100 dB or under, a few were 102 or 104 dB); AND
            (B) A simple embedding of the cable in the headset so it's easy to remove from the headband, or clip-ons (that don't have a headset band at all).

In the last helmet I got about 2 months ago, I went a step further and soldered in a female 3.5mm jack to the wires and mounted that to the inside of the helmet itself, so I now jack into the helmet instead of having a cable running out of the helmet that jacks into the iPod or stereo.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X