X

opinion survey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinion survey

im thinking about getting the high back cowl... but should i paint it blue or black? check out the avatar.

i might not get one simply because the color selection could crap it up either way.
    previous rides
    06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
    next ride - another kat

Blue - having blue on both sides of the seat "frames" it.
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

make that blue - 2, black - 0.

gotta finish it off the blue cowl, it'll offset the black on the bottom of your plastics better.

Comment

i would say black...i think the small amount of blue would clash with all the black that is already there

Comment

Originally posted by redkatana View Post
          i would say black...i think the small amount of blue would clash with all the black that is already there
          thats what i was thinking. a flat back would defintely be black
          previous rides
          06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
          next ride - another kat

Comment

I would say black as well
            Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

i would pick a color and stick with it.

either have the bike all black or all blue. half and half just looks like you crashed it and put some fairings from another bike on.imho
              " Chaos was the law of nature, Order was the dream of man "

my bike
              95 pre-kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by redkatana View Post
                black
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Don't get one so your gf can hop on with you at any time
                  Project "I wear my sunglasses at night" is complete: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103420

Comment

Paint it blue to match the tank.

Comment

Black
                      sigpic

Comment

I say black if you intend to keep the colors as is, as it will match the tail fairings. Cowls are supposed to give the appearance of a single seat, and I've never seen one piece tail fairing be two different colors.

But I do agree with Skilo. Two colors like how you have it just looks like you wrecked the previous fairings and slapped some on there. So before you buy the cowl, think about painting the bike one color. If money is an issue, make everything blue. (less to paint usually = less money spent) I would personally paint the entire bike black for the added 12-15hp lol. Then I would order a black cowl. But that's just me.
                        - Remember -
                        Ride wherever the road takes you and
                        never stop until every inch of pavement
                        has tasted your rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroGlycerin View Post
                          I would personally paint the entire bike black for the added 12-15hp lol. Then I would order a black cowl. But that's just me.
                          ^ I overlooked this factor. This is something to very seriously consider!

Comment

don't listen to the haters...you see two tone bikes all the time.

Comment

Blue blue blue. You'd be stupid to go black. Blue. As another member so nicley worded it "frames" it, itll look good. Try the blue, it's easier to paint blue plastics black then vice versa.

Black would look like an oversized ugly seat
                              Last edited by Islandsteve; 12-16-2009, 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              For sale thread Album
                              1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Working...
                              X