84 Pop-Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 Pop-Up

Seriously considering buying this 84, 750 Pop-up

Needs a bit of tinkering, but would be a nice project.
    And you gotta love that headlight
    Attached Files
    2002 GSXF 750

I'll have me one... one day....

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

More input!.....more input! We need more detail. What issues? What mileage? How many dollars? What's holding you back?

Inquiring minds need to know!

Cheers,
      Spyug

Comment

i luv the pop ups soo much more then the other classics
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

why are they called pop-ups?

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel View Post
            why are they called pop-ups?
            The headlight pops up from the nose of the bike kinda like an older corvette.
            Joker
            sigpic

Comment

I like that style of Kats. Pretty hard to find one, I've only seen maybe 3 of them before.

Comment

Because the headlight is retractable, and pops up when on. Ahh, beat me to it.

yngveny
                Du bør kjøpe den!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post

yngveny
                  Du bør kjøpe den!!!

Joker
                  sigpic

Comment

Motorcycle pop-up head lights. Now that's gangster!
                    I invite you to church.

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
                      More input!.....more input! We need more detail. What issues? What mileage? How many dollars? What's holding you back?

Inquiring minds need to know!

Cheers,
                      Spyug
                      Well there are a few issues. The bike is one of a pair (this one and one 1985) and the seller wants to get rid of both. I would not mind getting both, but this could pose a problem with my significant other

Seller says the head gasket needs to be replaced for the 84, no biggie.
                      Not sure about the mileage. The odo says 33 000 km, but could be 133 000 right?? The 85 needs a bit more work, but should not be to bad.

Main issue is that the bikes is imported to Norway, and even if the price is quite a steal, I would have to pay import fees to the government (possibly quite substantial).

Other thing is I am working abroad right now, so have no chance to be tinkering this winter......

Still, I WANT IT
                      Attached Files
                      2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post

yngveny
                        Du bør kjøpe den!!!
                        Ja jeg burde nok bare slaa til
                        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

The pop ups never came to the US, and only to Canada in very limited numbers (approx. 200). I know of four in the States, including mine.

1 in Seattle in some guy's living room, 1 in the midwest somewhere I saw on eBay several years ago, 1 I saw again on eBay in California about 2 years ago, and of course, mine. Which is not for sale. And will be buried with me when I die.

However, a creative, dedicated, and talented 'glasser could probably fabricate something similar based on a GS 700E.... They use essentially the same frame and identical engine/running gear. The fork and wheels came off an 85 GS 1150E, and the front brakes came off an 83-85 GS 550ES.
                          Trickiest part would of course be the motorized flip up headlight and requisite bracketry....

Would love to see someone give it a try, though!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
                            The pop ups never came to the US, and only to Canada in very limited numbers (approx. 200). I know of four in the States, including mine.

1 in Seattle in some guy's living room, 1 in the midwest somewhere I saw on eBay several years ago, 1 I saw again on eBay in California about 2 years ago, and of course, mine. Which is not for sale. And will be buried with me when I die.

You should throw some pics of that artwork up in your virtual garage on this website!...

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That's a slick ride. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Mojoe has one or two of those. I'm not certain, but tend to think that he does.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                              X