X

How to remove overspray [wood stain]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove overspray [wood stain]

Hi, Well did a stupid thing, since its been cold and rainy, I put my 92 Katana in the garage and covered it with a tarp. Well long story short. I was staining and precutting some crown moulding for I job I was doing with spray stain [brown] and clear urethene. Well, I didn't realize the tarp had gotten blown off the bike, so now I have brown spots and urethene all over the bike. HELP! Is there any way to remove the overspray and save the original finish, which is red and was still in good condition.
    I know I am a DUMB%$$ hope someone has an idea?
    Thanks, Mike

Mineral spirits
    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

I once got an e-mail on all the uses for WD40......... if you have some lying around, try to see if it works.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Light paint buffing and polish should help on the shiny painted surfaces.
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

rubbing compound
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Just spray it on the rest of the bike to match!
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

This is what you do because this happened to me also. They painted the outside of our building at work and didnt realize spraying paint in the wind was a bad idea. Needless to say, all 25 cars in the parking lot were speckled white at the end of the day. Lucky I only had to clean up 3 company cars and my own. I cleaned up 5 others, but I got paid $150 each so they dont count.

--First thing to do it try a cleaner wax. This has a little bit of grit to it and will someone be enough to take off the dirt and it wont hurt your paint.

--If that doesnt work, go to Autozone and buy a Claybar kit. Mcquires and Mothers sells them, normally around $30. Follow the directions and I gaurantee this will take off all the spots and not hurt the paint. Throw a coat of wax on afterwards so seal the paint. Your paint will probaly look better than it has even looked before.
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

I agree with hemi kat, the clay bay kit comes with cleaner wax too btw.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                X