X

how much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much?

Well folks, it seems I just wasn't meant to have a motorcycle for now... I'm going to be listing my kat in the very near future and wanted to get some opinions on how much I should ask.

First, stats:
    2003 Katana 600, purchased new on '05 (left-over stock)
    2800 miles
    All maintenance has been done, as if there has been much to do...
    never been down except once on each side in my driveway, scratches on the stickers and engine covers (nothing serious)
    Brand new dark smoke speedscreens windshield

and pics (please excuse the messy garage and poor lighting):
    Attached Files

I bought my 2003 kat last Sept. with 2800 miles for $4100. It was in mint condition, never been down, no scratches at all. Also, The owner deliverd it to me and paid for the gas cost, 400 miles round trip.

so, ballpark price I would say $3800 to $4000 will be fair price. It is the begining of the season, and you might get more.

Good luck

Comment

anyone else have any input?

Comment

Research new and used car book values, trade-in values, ratings, specs and photos.

Go into the price guides and look it up for your area (varies by zip-code)

I'm thinking about the same value as above is what it will actually move at; you'll probably list it $500 higher and be ready to come down.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

with it being the beginning of the season I would ask $4500 or best offer that way you may get what you paid for it. I bought a bike a few years ago for $1800 and rode it for five years and sold it $1700.

Comment

Well, the problem is I still owe about $6500 on it... I was stupid and paid MSRP - 500 for a bike that was already 2 years old, even though it was brand new.

NADA says average retail price for my area is $4600

Comment

Originally posted by TemtnF8
              Then that's what you should expect as the final price if you fix the rashing on the fairings.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Then that's what you should expect as the final price if you fix the rashing on the fairings.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Just need stickers... I could probably sand and polish the engine covers to 'hide' the damage to them...

so where can I get stickers? I looked on RonAyers, but couldn't tell which ones were the right ones...

Comment

Which stickers do you need? The big swoops or the Katana name logo?

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The katana name logo. I think the black swoops underneath are just fine. I'll check for sure when I get home...

Comment

The katana name logo. I think the black swoops underneath are just fine. I'll check for sure when I get home...
                      I have the OEM Suzuki Katana name decals brand new here. I'll sell 'em to you for what RonAyers gets and I'll pay the shipping.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hey Cyber, whats the price on those decals. I paid almost $17 for 1 @ the local dealer. Just checking just in case i dump it in the driveway again. Thanks.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Well, the problem is I still owe about $6500 on it... I was stupid and paid MSRP - 500 for a bike that was already 2 years old, even though it was brand new.

Unfortunately even if you do fix the fairings, covers and put new stickers on you're looking at probably taking some kinda loss.. unless you can find someone to take over the bank loan payments for you.

Comment

Re: how much?

sorry about the bad news and that you have to sell it. looks like you are going to carry a good size debt on it after it is gone. cyber is right....you won't get what you owe for sure. if it means anything, I have been there. worse actually. i scrapped a car that I still owed close to $5k on. same dumb move as you. overpaid for something I really wanted, and within a year i totalled it with no collision. it was a learning experience for me.
                            let this one be yours.

Wildkat has the best idea. There are enough idiots out there who want something bad enough that they just might do it. Maybe they can't get approved. Risky business though. Hard to make it legal and binding. You don't want some idiot taking over the payments, scrap it...then stop paying and it comes back on you. Then you will owe even more than you do now. It would only work if you make sure it is a legal and binding deal.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by ChattKat
                              Hey Cyber, whats the price on those decals. I paid almost $17 for 1 @ the local dealer. Just checking just in case i dump it in the driveway again. Thanks.
                              The OEM ones are listed at $18.76 each right now for the '99-02. $17 is a good price for those.

I just priced the '03 versions (which are different) and it's like $53.10 per side because the name and the upper portion of the side decal are combined... The '04 is even more expensive at $87 and change -- ouch! (the whole side fairing decal is one part on the '04+).
                              It also shows me I was wrong, because it's not the same decal, so I guess I don't have the OEM decals to fit the '03 (sorry).

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X