X

Helmet question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet question

After a much maligned discussion over owning multiple helmets with my gf last night. I am just curious.

I tried the old adage ya got more than one pair of shoes, more than one jacket, the whole nine yards of comparable comparison.

I currently own three.

Everyone give me some input.
    One project done, now on to the next few!!
    Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

I own three right now.
    A new helmet every year or so, for the same reason I need a new pair of sneakers every year...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have 2 in decent shape , and 2 more that are past their prime . I bought ny newest one because I wanted a new one EXACTLY the way I wanted it . Previous helmets were used and looked like **** .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i have 2 that i use, would have a garage full if i could afford them.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

I got 2 of'em

I had 3 at one point, but the last one caught on fire and after that it was no good any more. Held up pretty good in the 20 ton press though.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I have two. One full-face and one modular. They both have different applications.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
              I got 2 of'em

I had 3 at one point, but the last one caught on fire and after that it was no good any more. Held up pretty good in the 20 ton press though.
              How did you catch a helmet on fire Lou?
              My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Comment

Well, I have five helmets. I wear a medium so three are actually for me. I have one with a dark smoke face shield and another with a mirrored face shield that's also tinted so I can only wear those helmets for daytime riding (although I still have the clear face shields that came stock with the helmets, and generally have them with me). I have another hemlet with reflective tape and a clear faceshield that I usually put on if I'm leaving after dark. The other two helmets are size small and large for passengers because I don't take a passenger who doesn't put on a helmet first.

You can never have too many helmets. My head's worth a lot to me
                ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I Have 2, although one of them is kinda past it's prime. I plan to get another one soon, Why? just because. Are you upgrading to a better helmet, or are you just tired of the other ones? Either way, your point about her wardrobe is very true, mine's got like 20 pairs of shoes, and a very very full wardrobe closet. I don't mind, I like her to look good. If your new helmet is going too make you look good/feel good, which it is, go for it buddy. If she stills gives you flak, maybe you you can set a limit on how many you plan on owning.....or not. I think 5 is reasonable.

Let us know how it works out for ya. I haven't actually told her that I'm getting an new one yet.

Comment

well...let's see....my shoei for daytime riding with a smoked mirrored shield, and one I carry with me in case it gets dark....or if I pick up a passenger. then I have a spare just for the passenger.....plus I have an arai that I just sandblasted all the finish off of, that I will add a coat of resin to...then prime and custom paint. I have an air-brush so I am going to practice on that. so I guess I have 4....but my shoei is the main one for now. I will have 5 come spring cuz I wan't a flip-up. Maybe a nolan....possibly the shoei.

OMG...I just realized something. Between the 4 helmets, the joe rocket textile 2pc suit, the 2pc leather suit......the StylMartin italian boots, ...5 pairs of gloves or so.....and the spare shields......well all of that gear is worth more than the bike I am riding.

Canadain prices new:

4 helmets avg $500 each. a shoei is an easy $800 after taxes at a dealers....cheapo for $200. so $2k in helmets.

an easy $2k for a 2pc leather and 2pc joe rocket textile.

$500 for boots, gloves, visors.

$4500 in equipment for a $3500 bike.

of course I didn't pay those prices.

thank god for ebay, good deals and being in the right place at the right time.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I have one for me and one for my daughter (full face). My girlfriend has one of those brain-bucket type things (her ex-husband rides Harleys) so when we go into MA, she has to wear a helmet
                      '95 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600
                      PurpleonBlack

Comment

I am currently in negotiations with my wife for a new helmet. I tried the shoes/jacket logic but it hasn't worked so far. I also want some other gear jacket,gloves,boots but the dayum stuff is so expensive (even if you DO know someone that works at cycle gear) it's hard to convince her that I really need it. plus she thinks guys in riding suits look kinda silly

Comment

I have 2....One with a chatterbox, the other plain.

Comment

Working...
                          X