X

GSXR750 Fairings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSXR750 Fairings

I saw a newish GSXR750 today with the silver and blue fairings, I've always wanted them, I was just wondering if they are interchangeable on my 95 GSXF600?
    Thank you

2006 Chevy Cobalt SS and 1995 Suzuki GSX-F 600 Katana

not even a little bit

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      not even a little bit
      haha, awww, alright thanks. im sure this next question has been asked over a million times but what fairings are interchangeable between the GSXR and the F, any year. Basically I'm trying to get a stock look with the colors and stuff that I like, i'm really digging the silver and blue. thank you for helping

Comment

none, 0, zilch. This has not been asked a million times because nobody thinks you can switch body work.
        Last edited by arsenic; 10-18-2008, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Nothing is easily interchangeable, but with some work you can get some other bodywork to fit (you'll have to fab up a fairing stay and headlight). Look at nighthawk's and waltari's bikes.

Comment

+1, they are completely interchangeable if you have a LOOOOOOT of time for fab on your hands
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

for the regular person, NO THERE NOT. You have to plastic weld, drill, tap, fabricate, weld, all kinds of crap. So, I'm sticking by my post, NOTHING interchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                for the regular person, NO THERE NOT. You have to plastic weld, drill, tap, fabricate, weld, all kinds of crap. So, I'm sticking by my post, NOTHING interchanges.
                well the original question was meant for easily interchangeable but im pretty good at fabbing up some stuff and making it work so we'll see what happens

Comment

have you ever done heavy duty plastic work? Do you own a welder? Do you have any way to fabricate metal parts? If not I can tell you what will happen

Comment

SHHHH Arsenic......

You know when you change into GSXr fairings that you also have to put on a K&N filter. It will really help.

*please note that this is all a joke. Dude seriously you would be better off to go out and buy a cheap salvage GSXr or something and fix that up. Unless you are a master fabicator you will spend more time and money then this is worth and it very likely will not look that good....
                    I am a Penn State fanatic.
                    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Waltari also has FORM Design Build Studio's a turret lathe and a mill, and he's done things like this before. If this guy has a drill press and a bench grinder I'd be impressed

Comment

with a little duct tape and jb weld anything is possible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
                          with a little duct tape and jb weld anything is possible
                          no, it's not

Comment

yeah, 'cause everyone knows that's only possible with a mig welder and a BFH!
                            I'm not a real Doctor.......but........I do play one in the back of an Ambulance

(<<< my BEST half!!)

Comment

baling wire, you can't forget the baling wire
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X