Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What is this called and where do I get one?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this called and where do I get one?

I seem to have lost the black rubber/plastic strip that runs along the upper inside fairing between the gas tank. it's like the V shaped strip you might find on a car door edge to prevent dings. I have an 05 600 kat in case it makes a difference.
    "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

its the "ugly strip"

best mod you can do is remove...doesn't really protect anything

Comment

Originally posted by Range
      its the "ugly strip"

best mod you can do is remove...doesn't really protect anything
      i will go one step farther as to say it not only protects anything, but also does some damage. at least mine did. it was tight enogh againt the tank that it wore some paint off. of course my bike is a 93, so it had plenty of time to do it.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by obnoxus
        Its probably behind your fairing
        yep that happens alot, if loosen the fairing bolts, u might just find it sitting behind between ur fairing and ur engine. they come off real easy whenever u do work that requires fairing removal.. if u run a tank bag, sometimes it will get caught up and losened from putting on and taking off your bag too.

Comment

I have the right side one from my pre 98 750..
          Free just pay shipping..
          Can't seem to find te left side yet?!?!

Comment

Nothing makes me feel better after I take my fairings off and re-install them only to find that stupid rubber bit has fallen off inside...

Comment

That rubber strip reduces vibration. Personally, I put some black silicone gasket maker material on the inside of the groove, then fit it back on the fairing when I first get the bike; after that, I don't tend to have problems with it. You can get it from any Suzuki dealer, RonAyers, and sometimes from universal sources that carry a wide array of window seals.

If I recall correctly, that gasket should have a thin metal reinforcement internally, so pinching it down should keep it tighter permanently (or at least until something unbends it again).

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                If I recall correctly, that gasket should have a thin metal reinforcement internally, so pinching it down should keep it tighter permanently (or at least until something unbends it again).
                +1

Both my '00 750 and my GF's '99 600 have metal reinforment wire that runs the length of the strip. Personally, I like the look of it there - it kind of adds some variety.
                "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

I found it inside the fairing. Thanks for the help.
                  "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

Originally posted by 2K5GSX600F
                    I found it inside the fairing. Thanks for the help.
                    are you putting it back on?

Comment

Yep I just slid it back on. then noticed a bar end missing. This all after having my bike shipped to me from CA to HI.

Comment

I nominate 2k5gsx600f to host the next katriders rally

Comment

Originally posted by 2K5GSX600F
                          Yep I just slid it back on. then noticed a bar end missing. This all after having my bike shipped to me from CA to HI.
                          STock bar end? somewhat odd considering they are normally put on locktight and a bit of a pain to remove...

Comment

I thought so too. As I was riding home from the warehouse I felt something hit my leg but just thought it was road debris until I realized my bar end was missing. So if anyone has one they are not really attatched to... there are not many bike shops here.

Comment

Hmmmm , we got one carbon fiber one still attached to the bar I just bought .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X