X

Winter Storage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Storage

I was just wondering what needs to be done when storing your bike for the winter as this is my first winter having the bike.. thanx

There are varying degrees of winterization that you can do.. Everything from just putting stabil in a fresh tank of gas and pulling the battery....... to full blown winterization including the previously mentioned and also removing the plugs and putting a small drop of oil down inside and around the wall of hole for each plug, to removing and draining the tank completely, putting the bike up on stands, changing all the fluids and filters, and alot more. Alot of it depends also on where u will store your bike and at what temp. Just depends on how much effort and time you want to put into it.

A search of the forum on winterizing will yield you some good results.

Comment

Everything up to and including overkill:

CyberPoet's Motorcycle Winterization/Storage page

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Whats this "winter" you speak of?
        Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
        fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
        fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
        girls = yammah
        yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix_Rising
          Whats this "winter" you speak of?
          Thays what I'm talkin about.

Comment

throw a tarp over it...remove when snow melts

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
              Oh quite you! Have pity on us Canadians who have to sit wistfully for five months, quietly yearning to ride our bikes.
              Some nearly facts about Canada's winter (totally made up by the CyberPoet, absolutely tongue-in-cheek):
              if it wasn't for Winter, Canadians wouldn't breed sufficiently to keep the country from becoming depopulated. Every Canadian knows you want to breed in early fall (WINTER) so that baby's come out at a time point you know you're not going to be trapped in the house by snowbanks for the next four months...
              Canada has three seasons: Getting Colder (Winter), Being Colder (Winter) and mosquito season.
              The phrase Le Batts actually means "beverage made from freshly collected frozen moose whiz". You can't collect moose wiz unless it freezes by the time it hits the ground. Fortunately there are other choices of beverages (see Canadian Beer Index )
              God smiles on the Canadians. The reason they don't get kidnapped, killed and maimed while traveling as tourists overseas is a big Karma issue at not having tried to wipe out all the indigenous people in their country...
              That much winter causes people to go deaf prematurely. This why they are always using the phrase "Eh?"

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hey have pity on us northerners who may not be canucks, but still hate long cold winters too

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                  throw a tarp over it...remove when snow melts
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Re: Winter Storage

Originally posted by yellowkat
                    I was just wondering what needs to be done when storing your bike for the winter as this is my first winter having the bike.. thanx
                    A big concern to in my mind when storing your bike is safety/security.

If it is in a garage, that's good, but you should consider an anchor, or motorcycle boot.

Comment

ahh i need to store mine soon in the chicago cold weather!!!.AHHHHHHHH i hate it here sum times

Comment

Working...
                      X