No announcement yet.
X

Sadly.......I think my bike has to go.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly.......I think my bike has to go.

It's true.
    As much as I will miss it....I am going to have to let the Kat go. (I will own another, just when life awards it)

I am in-between a rock and a hard place.
    I need to sell my bike to get some extra cash to 'bump' my current savings right now so I can move out.

I have been having family troubles(fights) (I still live at home) and I find it best if the Kat goes.....so can I.

I am engaged, and want to start off OUR life....and one thing holding us up is my extra toys. So....I have decided it best to let my baby go and that will enable us to start our journey.

It sucks.....but it just seems like the thing to do. I will still visit the site.....but I just won't have my baby to take me into the twisties.

I will have another bike.......it will just be later on in life....ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I think I am going to ask $2500 due to the body rash (by previous owner) and all the mods I have done to it. All it needs is a rear tire, I burnt it up playing SQUID. I will let the new owner play with the chain upgrade/sprocket upgrade. (as much as I wanted to see it mounted)

Thanks for taking time to listen to me whine and sob.
    My sig is boring.

sorry to hear you have to let it go KR, wish you the best with everything
    Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
    fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
    fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
    girls = yammah
    yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Thanks PR. Just gotta move on I suppose......and that kinda requires getting rid of some material things.....
      My sig is boring.

Comment

signs of maturity....good luck

Comment

It sucks but we have to have priorities in life. It sounds like yours are in the right order. Good Luck.

Comment

Re: Sadly.......I think my bike has to go.

Originally posted by KnightRider
            ...I need to sell my bike to get some extra cash to 'bump' my current savings right now so I can move out.

I have been having family troubles(fights) (I still live at home) and I find it best if the Kat goes.....so can I.

I am engaged, and want to start off OUR life....and one thing holding us up is my extra toys. So....I have decided it best to let my baby go and that will enable us to start our journey.
            KnightRider, you never asked for advice, I know. Especially from me.
            But I don't like your idea. The hardest agruement to over come is money, and you cited that as a factor. Let your parents "bump" up your funds. Supposedly, they will benefit too when you get your own place.

So selling the bike will be a sacrifice on your part that will demonstrate to others in your life that you want to make things right with them? If there are problems with people in your life, its because of human relationship factors, not because of a vehicle that you own. Unless it has loud exhaust and you are noisy coming home very late at night.

And with the girl friend too. What material possession is she going to sacrifice to prove her devotion to you? Walk away from her while you have a chance. Your family, of course, will always be there as the years go by.

Middle-aged males are paying tens or hundreds of thousands of bucks to get back the muscle cars of the 1960's that they made the mistake of not hanging on to. Don't make that same mistake with the Kat.

Only if you feel that your driving style is dangerous to you would I concur with getting rid of the bike.

Comment

Just think of it as temporary, right now you have your priorities, but a few years down the road I bet things will be a whole lot different. Good luck.
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by harrye
                ...I need to sell my bike to get some extra cash to 'bump' my current savings right now so I can move out.

But I don't like your idea. The hardest agruement to over come is money, and you cited that as a factor. Let your parents "bump" up your funds. Supposedly, they will benefit too when you get your own place.

So selling the bike will be a sacrifice on your part that will demonstrate to others in your life that you want to make things right with them? If there are problems with people in your life, its because of human relationship factors, not because of a vehicle that you own. Unless it has loud exhaust and you are noisy coming home very late at night.

And with the girl friend too. What material possession is she going to sacrifice to prove her devotion to you? Walk away from her while you have a chance. Your family, of course, will always be there as the years go by.

Middle-aged males are paying tens or hundreds of thousands of bucks to get back the muscle cars of the 1960's that they made the mistake of not hanging on to. Don't make that same mistake with the Kat.

Only if you feel that your driving style is dangerous to you would I concur with getting rid of the bike.
                Basically. I don't agree with what you have to say. I am not saying you are wrong, but we have different opinions on my situation.

My fiance has sacraficed TONS of things and I will always stand by her. She is the love of my life. My bike is material, although I do have some sweat and tears poured into that bike, it can always be replaced, maybe not with the exact replica, but something close.

I am looking to move forward in my life, and I feel this is the correct coarse of action to take at this junction of time.

As for my parents and I having arguments, it has nothing to do with the bike. The bike is just holding me up finacially, and has to go so I can move out. One less thing to worry about, because I know 10 more things will be added (to the worry list).

Thanks for everyone that understands, this is just a step towards maturity. A lifetime of companionship with the love of your life is worth more than a bike will be anyday.

I choose love.

I can always get another bike and have fun with it when the funds and time is right. For now though....the Kat is for sale.
                My sig is boring.

Comment

So sad to see the Kat being let go, but if u are peace w/ the decision and ur fiancee supports it..then ur doing the right thing.

Comment

Do what you got to do to hold what's important to you together...

Stuff will come & go...

Comment

Very mature decision, and there will be another bike in your future I'm sure!
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Sad to Hear KR. Especially, since we finally got to meet and start riding!!! Like i've told you before....I understand. I had to let my old CBR1000 go back in 1991 for the same reason, but the cool thing was that it opened up my chance for a Kat, and I like it even better.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything.
                        You can have my Kat when you pry my cold dead butt from upon it.

Comment

Priorities... All good things come to those who wait...
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

How are you going to tell him to ditch his fiancee?

Anyway, do what you feel you need to do. Just know, a co-worker of mine was telling me how much he misses his bike. He thinks about riding every single day. Financially, he can't afford a motorcycle at this time, so he just has to suffer.

Make sure you weigh all of your options. Things are going to get hectic. Be ready for the possibility that you might not ride for another 10 years. Or ever. I'm not saying to keep your bike or to sell it. Just mull it over for a few days before you make any big decisions. If you decide your really want to keep the bike, maybe there's other options that will allow you to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by harrye

Basically. I don't agree with what you have to say. I am not saying you are wrong, but we have different opinions on my situation.

My fiance has sacraficed TONS of things and I will always stand by her. She is the love of my life. My bike is material, although I do have some sweat and tears poured into that bike, it can always be replaced, maybe not with the exact replica, but something close.

I am looking to move forward in my life, and I feel this is the correct coarse of action to take at this junction of time.

As for my parents and I having arguments, it has nothing to do with the bike. The bike is just holding me up finacially, and has to go so I can move out. One less thing to worry about, because I know 10 more things will be added (to the worry list).

Thanks for everyone that understands, this is just a step towards maturity. A lifetime of companionship with the love of your life is worth more than a bike will be anyday.

I choose love.

I can always get another bike and have fun with it when the funds and time is right. For now though....the Kat is for sale.

Straight from the mouth of Clark Gable....

Comment

Working...
                              X