No announcement yet.
X

bike won't start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with cyber that it's related to the cold and your battery. I must mention a problem I ran into though, and it might relate to that lack of extra juice in the system. I could turn the bike on, press the starter, and nothing happens. Sometimes it would turn the starter over in a real weak manner, like a crappy connection somewhere. Seemed to happen more when the battery wasn't in ideal conditions. Popped my starter button out and a grimy film was covering the two contacts in there. I rubbed them shiny again and BAM no probs since. 8)
    '01 TL1000R

Comment

Thanks for the info Cyber. I have a 2002 and the way the temps fluctuate in New England, maybe I should switch from the stock battery to a new one with a higher CCA.
      Submariners do it deeper

Comment

Originally posted by My2K
        Thanks for the info Cyber. I have a 2002 and the way the temps fluctuate in New England, maybe I should switch from the stock battery to a new one with a higher CCA.
        The Yuasha OEM battery actually has a very high CCA rate for the stock fitment size (higher than any of the aftermarket's I've looked into). If you have an '02 (probably built towards the end of '01) and it's now coming up on '06, your battery has probably just seen it's useful lifespan and is ready for replacement.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X