No announcement yet.
X

Mr. On Time's build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm reading that zip tie correct, it looks like its about 1/4" from bottoming out ???
    If I'm right (please, correct me if not) then if you had the stock nose fairing and horn, it would have crashed. Take away the fact that your running a 600cc engine, you've also reduced the load.
    Is that a stock Bandit 600 oil cooler ? I've not seen one of those on a Kat before.
    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

• Thats cause its a 1990 gsxr 750 oil cooler. I have a full inch before bottom out. Even with no preload the fairing wont touch the fender. But yes i have a 600 so it is alot lighter.

not bad for a "long term" build lol. So much fun to ride. The bees knees though is watching everbody scramble for premium and i can run whatever, te bandit motors shining glory lol

Also what is it with you guys not wanting to move the horn? 95% of bikes have it on the frame behind the oil cooler... if it aint there it wont hit

The extra line you see marked on the forks is where its lowest was with no preload...
      Last edited by Mrontime; 09-02-2017, 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

• Besides you, another member named "Nut-Nut" and I, we are the only ones (that I'm aware of) with lowered front ends. Thats because you and the other guy are both using GSXR forks and I just simply installed clip ons to lower mine. Nut-Nut ended up trimming his fender to keep from hitting. I just recently had a nose fairing shipped from Canada that hasn't been installed yet. Therefore I've have no real experience with fitment, I only know what I've read. Hence all the questions. But yeah, I'm sort of interested in a GSXR fork set up. Thanks for all the info !

Comment

• Glad i can help, i can put my fairing on tomarrow and snap some pics for you, but when i saw this bikes tag had a gross weight of 1000lbs.... im nowhere near that now... maybe 770, im gonna run it across some scales pretty soon to see where its at.

If my fender would even hit it would be an inch or two forward of the mounting bracket.... how much fender does he have left? Lol

The gsxr forks have adjustable damper and preload which help you tune to keep them in the sweet spot too...
          Last edited by Mrontime; 09-02-2017, 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Nut-Nut used later model inverted forks and he didn't have very much of a fender after he cut it. He said it only slightly hit on hard stops or large bumps.
            I have a GSXR fender thats already trimmed if your interested. I bought it and didn't even realize it was already cut. I've since bought another and don't want this one. It would be cool for a street fighter.

Comment

• day one of paying me back, 9 to go till were even. I got to ride to work today on MY bike. The entire time worrying about every tick and bolt and waiting to catch fire..... lol, shes a good mount.

Comment

• 1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• thanks! I put almost 100 miles on it today before and after work. Man is it fun!

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                  Last edited by Mrontime; 09-03-2017, 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Ok looks like you have a PRE wiring setup
                    What I was talking about on the other post was this BTW I haven't tried this on my bike yet....

Find the sidestand relay

Pull the plug and loop a wire between the two single orange wires, these are the ones that are switched. Leave the two double sets separated. Mine are quite corroded and I have seen a post where someone else had the same prob

You should be able to start bike anytime but if you have a clutch switch (I dont) you would still need to engage that

then you should be able to throw the relay away

Next find this the sidestand diodes there is two diodes in it they feed into the central wire which goes to the neutral switch. This where you get the back feed to the relay if not in neutral .

Connect the two blues together this should still give you a neutral indicator light and you should be able to throw away the diode also.

Forget the other info it was for a post bike with combined solenoid diode indicator relay.

In which case you would need to connect the light blue and orange green wires to something like this indicator relay
                    Last edited by Lachie; 09-04-2017, 05:05 AM.
                    “Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
                    Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
                    ― Douglas Adams

Comment

• Dude, all you have to do is take the green wire from the stand that goes into the "kickstand relay" and tie it to the main ground. The blue wires are just a ground that gets completed when the kickstand goes up, the "diode" is just a three way splitter fuse. I rigged my bike up this exact way and then drove it 100 miles. I have also hard wired the entire bike, there are no plastic connectors left on my bike, i removed them to keep from having future connection issues.

Lachie, i was having issues riding my bike after i removed the guage cluster, why exactly are you wanting to do this "mod" to your bike? I only did this to temporarily remove the switch from the equation as a diagnostic test. I plan on returning the kickstand switch to operation.

I dont suggest doing any of this unless
                      1. You have the entire harness unwrapped and exposed on the bike. On the bike.
                      2. You can actually tell what these wires are doing by looking at them.
                      Last edited by Mrontime; 09-04-2017, 05:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I ordered a 2005-2006 gsxr 750 full front end. Got it shipped for 325.00. Inverted forks, triple tree, bearings, wheel, clipons, brakes. I may put these on my bike, or i may put them on the frame that i have that i wanna make into a track bike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrontime View Post
                          I ordered a 2005-2006 gsxr 750 full front end. Got it shipped for 325.00. Inverted forks, triple tree, bearings, wheel, clipons, brakes. I may put these on my bike, or i may put them on the frame that i have that i wanna make into a track bike.
                          Did you know the speedometer pick up is electric on the GSXR instead of being driven off the front wheel ?
                          That means unless you figure out a way to use that chrome wheel with those forks, your speedometer isn't going to work. You'll need to rig up something using a front sprocket cover with a electronic connector otherwise.

Comment

• Yeah i think im gonna put em on the track bike im building, i wont have a speedo on it.

im getting more and more comfy with the bike, it handles great. Waiting on the headlights i ordered to show up and putting some indicator leds on it today so i can see if my turn signals are on like an old asian lady or not.
                            Last edited by Mrontime; 09-06-2017, 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Don't be discouraged !
                              Get a 98+ Katana (or Bandit 600 or even 1200) front sprocket cover and a few wires. It looks like you've already got Bandit gages, so just swap to a Bandit electro speedometer too Its been done before, I just don't know how to do it. Be sure to write it up
                              EDIT: Bandit 1200 front covers have a hydro clutch...just be aware of that.
                              Last edited by katanarider; 09-06-2017, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Aftermarket digital crap is a magnet pickup on the wheel.
                                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                                spammer police
                                USAF veteran
                                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                                X