Full Exhaust system

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Exhaust system

Hello all,

I have a 2000 750 and saw this exhaust on ebay. Now the specs here are for a 89-97. Does anyone know if I can use this for my bike with a few modifications?

I have searched high and low for a full exhaust for a 98+ Katana. Vance and Hines only make them for pre 98s. Hindle makes them, but only in Aluminum and its quite expensive. Yoshimura doesnt make full exhausts for 98+ anymore. D&D, I havent heard very good things about.

I have looked up some info on motorcycleanchor.com about Katana Header Flow & Grinding, but I dont know how complicated that is or how much do I have to invest for the tools to do that. Any suggestions fellas?
    2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Yeah , with a few modifications .
    The 98+ has a shallower oil pan , so it's exhaust doesn't bend down as much . But the pre98 oil pan is deeper , so it bends down further . Basically , you'll probably have to trim the bottom of your belly to make it fit . I think . But I'm real tired and distracted . What were we talking about again ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Thanks for the reply md86. From Motorcycleanchor.com, I found the following information for the 750 exhaust:

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

(Option 2) For the Kat 600's, replace the stock header with the stock header from the Kat 750's. The cross-sectional area difference between the down-tubes on the headers are approximately 23% larger (although to be fair, the port-flange and collector-to-midpipe size remain the same, so the amount of change in flow is smaller than the 23% difference might imply -- but it also means that it will bolt right up in exactly the same fitment). I suspect the oil-cooled GSXR 1100 and Katana 1100 headers might provide the same kind of size upgrade for the Kat 750's, but without measuring them, I can't tell you definitively.

Do you know if that is certain? Cause I saw a full exhaust system for a GSXR 1100 on ebay. If it matches my Katana 750, I'll go ahead and bid on it.

Thanks again for your input.
      2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Hey , anything can be MADE to work . I read a recent thread about a guy who put a GSXR11 on his Kat . Might wanna look for that thread ...
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X