X

how to disable parking lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to disable parking lights

So I have a bad habbit of turning the key too far and leaving the parking lights. I Legitimately can never see myself using them. Is there a simple way to disable them?
    New Carbs and new tires makes it hard to take it easy on the throttle....

if I was to give you a kick in the stones wearing a steel toe boot every time you turned it to the park position
    I bet you wouldnt do it again
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

By parking lights do you mean the little light above the headlight? because if so you could just disconnect it. and if you mean the blinkers, (im not sure of this because i don't have a stock ignition) couldn't you disconnect that particular wire coming off the ignition going to the parking lights?

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
        if I was to give you a kick in the stones wearing a steel toe boot every time you turned it to the park position
        I bet you wouldnt do it again
        Don't hold back, Bill....... say what you really feel.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I have the same damn problem... Mind you most of the time i could probably use a swift kick in the ***, I am however looking for a more painless approach. Any takers?

Comment

uhm..take the bulb out ?
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
              uhm..take the bulb out ?
              The parking lights are the small front and the tail light so that might not be the best solution.

Comment

Disconnect the wires attached to that spot in the ignition switch from the plug that go to the wiring harness. I don't remember what the contacts look like so you will need to open it up and look around in there to figure out how to disconnect that contact point from the circuits.
                Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muffinman View Post
                  The parking lights are the small front and the tail light so that might not be the best solution.
                  didnt think of that
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                  X