X

estimate for having my kat painted?!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• estimate for having my kat painted?!?

I want to have my Kat painted, I am more than likely going to have to take it to a shop due to the fact that I don't have any auto painting skills or equipment and I don't know anybody that does auto painting so I can't get a discount or anything. What do you guys expect a full paint job will cost me? Oh, and if anyone on here is close to the middle Tennessee area and does paint, let me know please.
    sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

At a shop, your probably looking at 500-800 for a good job 1 solid color, basic paint, minor fixes on the plastics. Multi color, special paints, major repairs first, etc... price goes up pretty significantly.

If you "know" someone, sometimes you can get out alot cheaper. Talk to the shop, ask if you do some of the prep work, will they lower the price as well.

Krey
    Last edited by Kreylyn; 07-30-2009, 06:37 PM.
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Talk to the shop, ask if you do some of the prep work, will they lower the price as well.

Krey
      Don't always count on this. Most shops will tell you not to touch it because they don't want to re-do someone else's shoddy prep work. If you have never done pre paint prep before and are having a professional paint it, let them prep it.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

At a shop, your probably looking at 500-800 for a good job 1 solid color, basic paint, minor fixes on the plastics. Multi color, special pants, major repairs first, etc... price goes up pretty significantly.

Krey

Originally posted by teddy View Post
        Don't always count on this. Most shops will tell you not to touch it because they don't want to re-do someone else's shoddy prep work. If you have never done pre paint prep before and are having a professional paint it, let them prep it.
        Last edited by mrwhipper; 07-30-2009, 05:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Multi color, special pants, major repairs first, etc... price goes up pretty significantly.

Yup. Especially if you want these:

Sorry Krey, couldn't resist
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Yup. Especially if you want these:

Sorry Krey, couldn't resist

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

My paint job was $700. That was with me prep sanding and wet sanding before color. The place was only a mile away from my house so I could bring parts by for their input and to check on my work. They also fixed two dents in the tank as well as prepping it and the grab bar. That was one solid color (a blue with slight pearl to it). I think the actual number was just a tad less than $700.
              -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
              X