cowl, exhaust, fairing mesh, and fender eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cowl, exhaust, fairing mesh, and fender eliminator

hello all,

new member here who will be riding a 750 Kat within the next 3 weeks...yeah! i've been in the cruiser world for a long time, so names like Braada and Hindle are new to me (but i'm guessing that the Braada cowls are made by a forum member??). i was hoping that you would enlighten me.

where can i buy a Braada cowl? that thing is beautiful. and as you can tell by my current ride, i'm partial to the solo look.

in reading through these pages, i have noticed that Hindle exhaust is a popular choice. are these CB slipons or entire systems?

where can i buy the mesh that many of you have in the fairing openings? have any of you had cooling problems since installing the mesh because it hinders air flow? does it hinder air flow?

what are you guys/gals doing for rear fender eliminators? have you folks been making your own?

i thank you all in advance. judging by all the readers' rides pics, you have your stuff together. i hope to be modding a Kat alongside you in a few weeks.
    Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -Mahatma Gandhi

Because an angy man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable man is seldom angry.

Comment

I ordered and paid for one several weeks ago on the braada website and am hoping to get in sometime in July. I can't wait!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

First welcome to Kat Riders. One of the best places to come and get information about Katana's. Here are some answers to questions you asked.

1) You have already been given the website to the Braada cowl. Yes, he is a member here and also one of the owners of this website. It will take a while to get one, because he HAND MAKES them one at a time. But, as far as I know he is the only one doing them as of now. Great addition to the bike though.

2) A Hindle exhaust is out of Canada. I don't know if they offer full exhaust systems or not, but I do know they have slip-ons in all types of finishes. Maybe someone who has one will chime in. Pipe preferences are like everything else. To each their own. It also depends if you have a pre-98 or 98+ Katana. The pre-98's have duals from the factory, where the 98+'s came with a 4 into 1 from the factory.

3) The mesh mod is just gutter mesh available at Lowe's or Home Depot, etc. It does not hinder air flow into the motor as most of the air (and the oil cooler itself) comes in the front of the bike around the front wheel. You have to remove the fairings, cut to fit, and "glue" the mesh to the plastic on the inside. Most use JB Weld, epoxy, etc.

4) Fender Eliminators... well, if you have a dremel with a cutting wheel, or a hacksaw it is pretty easy to do. Make sure you have a license plate and turn signal bracket before you chop though. Some go with signals on the fairings, and some go for a "creese" bracket that accomidates the plate and signals. Use the search button on here and you will find plenty on them.

Feel free to post up anything you want to know about. But, get familiar with the SEARCH button as a LOT of information is already on here.

Again, Welcome to Kat Riders... a home away from home.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Court summed it up pretty nicely

Just remember one thing, once you start working on your bike and modding it out, there's not stopping becuase you just have to keep doing more and more. It's that darn mod bug, it'll get ya everytime

Comment

welcome welcome to the forum. this is a great place and all your questions will be answered. on the shovel chop the guy who did mine was smart enough to cut it in such a way that you don't have to buy anything and looks just like any other shovel chop. i'll try and snap some pictures in the morning.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

thank you all for the responses. your tips are very helpful.

i can't wait to get my Kat. i've done all the customizing on my Shadow (including paint), so i can't wait to start customizing a Kat.

i'm not looking to make it go faster - it will already be able to move faster than i want to go - but i do want it to have plenty of flair. i'll be leaning on your combined knowledge allot.

thanks.
              Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

If you want to add some flair to the bike get the reverse glow gauges...everyone who saw my Katana loved em.

With the Braada cowl just to forewarn you since it is hand made it does take awhile for you to receive it, just an FYI so your not on the Kat boards trying to hunt Jim down.

Comment

Welcome....... Im new to the group as well. You might want to check out the Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator Kit from dennis kirk. I just made the switch from cruiser to KAT and I wonder why I waited so long.........

Comment

Originally posted by Najus
                    If you want to add some flair to the bike get the reverse glow gauges...everyone who saw my Katana loved em.

With the Braada cowl just to forewarn you since it is hand made it does take awhile for you to receive it, just an FYI so your not on the Kat boards trying to hunt Jim down.
                    Yep they are cool !

Comment

i want one of those guage packages.

Comment

Where can I get a guage package like that for the 98? How easy was it to install?
                        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                        X