Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

2002 gixxer 750 spedo readout can anyone help....cyber?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 gixxer 750 spedo readout can anyone help....cyber?

hi all

i have an issue here with my 02 gixxer 750

i was going down the hway and all the sudden all my electronics shut off in the front ie the spedo and tach, all blinkers headlights. all shut down but i had full control of throttle which would signal that the injectors were firing.

so i was looking thrugh my haynes manual and looking at the wiring diagram, and there is a relay or somthing that is inline with the spedo readout. you bleive this device could have blown? i belive it is on the battery harness plastic. its has a rubber gromit arround the whole relay, and also from the schmetaic it looks like thers gnd wire, pink, and blk/red tracing back to the spedo on the wiring diagram.

as of right now all the lights and oil and tach come on, clock was reset, so im guessing a faulty wiring harness or this spedo relay.

also after gettign the lighting and blinkers to work, the spedo will just read 0 no matter how fast i go. just 0 all the time.

the tach is reading fine.

also the acc lights all around are fine.

can anyone help me with this situation??

i just needs the spedo to actually read again
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Lean in Lean out.
    1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
    2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
    2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
    2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

did you check your fuses?

Long Live the D

Comment

OK, let's see if I got it right:

Bike running. Gauges go dead, bike keeps running. Gauges come back to life, bike keeps running, but clock is reset & speedo has not recovered.

That means the power or ground to the gauges died (or dropped below the minimum voltage expected).

If the power died, that's not a big deal, and it's a matter of tracing wires for circuit breaks, checking/replacing the relay, and checking connectors for corrosion and debris (cleaning/repacking). You may be able to reset the system gauge computers by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes as well (worth trying).

On the other hand, the voltage dropping below minimum could mean a world of pain, because aside from the simple bad battery (doubious based on other parts of your description), it could mean that the rectifier pack is letting the stator/alternator/generator spewi A/C into the positive side of the charging system (and it's a bear to try to diagnose A/C overflow except by replacing the rectifier pack), and that could mean actually frying circuitry in various places around the bike which is expecting solely DC power. Since the rest of the gauges came back up, I'm inclined to believe that it's not a case of A/C flood, but it might relate to a bad ground connection between the battery and the engine, stator and engine, stator and battery.

I'd start by disconnecting the battery (bike off) to see if you can get the speedo to "reset". If not, I'd start doing some rudimentary power tests like voltage tests (bike off, bike at idle, bike at 5k in neutral, all measured between the battery terminals) to see where you're at (if the values are within expected range). After that, I'd start at the gauges and start working backwards down the wires, looking for problems in the connectors and then if none are found, in the wiring loom itself.

Best of luck!
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ok update, i git it narrowed down to the spedo sensor. i just need to find a place who sells them
        Lean in Lean out.
        1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
        2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
        2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
        2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by xbubbax
          ok update, i git it narrowed down to the spedo sensor. i just need to find a place who sells them
          You need to know what caused the speedo sensor to fail (as well as the rest of the gauges), or you might be facing the same issue again in the near-term future...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X