X

Switch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch?

I curently have a 2000 bandit 600s that i like very much. I have put heavier springs in the front and put a katana 750 shock in the rear. Other than that no mods. I ride with my buddy and his dad that have a YZF600r and a ducati ST2, I can keep up with my buddy on his yzf 600 fairly well in the straights but not in the corners. I am thinking of selling my bandit and buying a 98+ katana 750. I think with the added power and a better stock suspension setup I will be a little more comfortable keeping up with them. Will I get that much more performance out of a Kat 750 or not? Any suggestions? Anyone rode both before?

Its not about the size of the engine in the corners, its about your comfort level of the bike. I have a friend that rides a Buel Blast (500cc), and eats the corners compared to some SS bikes like the Gixxers and such.

Just got to know how to ride the lines and what not.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

True

I see what your saying but as we all know the bandit and katana series doesnt have the best suspension because they are not "sport bikes" and do not cost alot new compared to other bikes in the same class. Im pretty much just wondering if the Katana 750 suspension is an upgrade over the bandit suspension? It seems to me that the Katana has a sportier ride than the bandit series by the way it is set up. I have rode my buddies YZF600R, not R6 and it just feels alot more agile and handles a hell of a lot better than my bandit even with the suspension upgrades. Will I get a sportier suspension with a katana 750? I have never rode one for an extended period of time because I dont know anyone that has one, I have just rode them when I was looking at buying a bike two years ago.

Comment

Unless you're maxing out your bandit, I don't think you're going to find a large improvement in handling by switching bikes. Start by comparing a bandit to a katana, in terms of rake, trail, wheelbase, and such. I dont think there is much of a difference but I may be wrong.
        sigpic

Comment

I sold my kat and got a bandit they both seem to handle the same.
          I wish both of them had better brakes they both seem to fade in my oppion.

however i also have a ninja and i do have to say the ninja handles way better than either but i still like the suzuki way better I absolutly hate kawasaki airbox lol.
          Last edited by wepainters; 05-28-2012, 08:19 AM.

Comment

An SS bike handles better than a sport touring bike? You don't say.

Comment

Working...
            X