X

The Greatest Road - app

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Road - app

This is to all the apple iphone, ipad and ipod users out there.
    The Greatest Road is an app that integrates user created routes onto a google maps interface. It allows you to add roads with a start and stop location and lets you choose the roads you take. It provides a rating and comments section as well as a navigation option if you are using your iphone.

I have been using this app for about a year now and have turned several riders onto it. The more people in the community the greater the potential this app has. My father has a toy hauler and takes his goldwing everywhere with him when he goes "camping". He loves this app because he can just take his ipad, find his current location on the app and find all of the roads recommended by locals and enthusiasts. Those "secret spots" where you have to know the right person to find out about can now be searched for. This app works wonders if you're traveling and want to go for a ride but don't know the area.

I recommend it.
    Download it, join the community, add rides, profit.

Don't have a phone that would use that app....

I do ride all those roads your picture has listed.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

its an ok app, it's kind've ****ty in terms of interfacing with the gps as it doesn't get the routes down exact. i use it to scout some good riding roads and i do the hard work myself exploring

Comment

It's OK, was better, but the content has gotten so overpopulated with crap roads, that I rarely even look at it anymore.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by garbagekid View Post
          its an ok app, it's kind've ****ty in terms of interfacing with the gps as it doesn't get the routes down exact. i use it to scout some good riding roads and i do the hard work myself exploring
          Oh?
          I've never actually used the GPS feature. I usually just note which roads are on the ride and then find my way to them.

Comment

ill have to check that out thanks
            im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by LandoCommando View Post
              Oh?
              I've never actually used the GPS feature. I usually just note which roads are on the ride and then find my way to them.
              thats how i use it. there's an option i think where there's a button that says "map it"and it'll take you to the iphones google maps interface. doesn't work all too well tho

Comment

do they make anything similar for android?

Comment

Originally posted by GSXFPaul View Post
                  do they make anything similar for android?
                  I remember someone putting a map online here that they made on an android, so I guess it's possible.

Edit : This is the post I was talking about.
                  Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Working...
                  X