No announcement yet.
X

Think someone maybe stealing my gas.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just make sure to take it out of res when you drive but there is no difference between res and on as far as fuel free flowing only prime, thats why i asked, if in prime its probably as krey said a crankcase full of fuel which i would definitely make sure thats not the case as you could be sitting on a bomb
    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
    confused katana build

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Or....

You have a crank case full of fuel and don't know it.

Krey
      Could the crank case hold 3 quarters of a tank?

Originally posted by blitz2190 View Post
      just make sure to take it out of res when you drive but there is no difference between res and on as far as fuel free flowing only prime, thats why i asked, if in prime its probably as krey said a crankcase full of fuel which i would definitely make sure thats not the case as you could be sitting on a bomb
      Oh ok so how can I tell its all in the crank case? And how would I stop that from happening? Also I only prime it the first start of the day and after that it stays in on for the most part. I never let it go below a quarter of a tank so I never really put it in res position.
      Last edited by jvillejoe; 05-23-2012, 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      1996 Katana 750

Comment

it could if it filled all the oil passage ways, easy way to tell pull the oil cover and if its overflowing it will tell ya lol, but seriously the best way to check is drain the oil
        never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

confused katana build

Comment

Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
          That would be strange though because he was saying it only
          leaks at home
          Yeah at my gfs moms house the needle didn't move at all and it sat for 3 days basically stayed the weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
          1996 Katana 750

Comment

OK if its in the crank case why didnt it leak when he parked it in other places?
            also if it is in the crank case you have a float or float needle issue.
            Try the camera and setting the petcock to res. and see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by jvillejoe View Post
              Yeah at my gfs moms house the needle didn't move at all and it sat for 3 days basically stayed the weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
              thats why i originally as about the petcock position if you ever left it in prime(pointing backwards) it would explain it

confused katana build

Comment

it could if it filled all the oil passage ways, easy way to tell pull the oil cover and if its overflowing it will tell ya lol, but seriously the best way to check is drain the oil
                Ok, bout due for a oil change so guess I will check then.

thats why i originally as about the petcock position if you ever left it in prime(pointing backwards) it would explain it
                Ahh, I got ya. Yeah I only prime it in the morning and place it in the on position and leave it there till the next morning.

Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
                OK if its in the crank case why didnt it leak when he parked it in other places?
                also if it is in the crank case you have a float or float needle issue.
                Try the camera and setting the petcock to res. and see what happens
                Yeah going to do the res. position and if it happens I will be getting a hunting came placed in the trees.
                Last edited by jvillejoe; 05-23-2012, 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                1996 Katana 750

Comment

if thats the case and your sure set up that camera, cant hurt, btw there should be no difference between res and on unless your low on gas

confused katana build

Comment

if thats the case and your sure set up that camera, cant hurt, btw there should be no difference between res and on unless your low on gas
                    Oh ok. Will post what I find out. Thanks people.
                    1996 Katana 750

Comment

Wow thats weird. Did you physically look inside the tank? Sometimes my fuel gauge would mark halfway or full when its really empty. This winter my fuel gauge was stuck on a empty even after I would fill her up to the brim. trust the tank dont trust the gauge.

Comment

i would take a day off work and go somewhere where i could sleep all day . then i would come home as if coming home from work/ school etc. stay up and wait for the person to come around. hide with a baseball bat close and if by some stroke of luck the theif comes around , just sit and watch. when they start getting your gas beat the living hell out of them and soak em with the gas they just lifted. make sure you get plenty in their eyes and ears. or get a cam . whatever
                        im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by ratgti View Post
                          i would take a day off work and go somewhere where i could sleep all day . then i would come home as if coming home from work/ school etc. stay up and wait for the person to come around. hide with a baseball bat close and if by some stroke of luck the theif comes around , just sit and watch. when they start getting your gas beat the living hell out of them and soak em with the gas they just lifted. make sure you get plenty in their eyes and ears. or get a cam . whatever
                          hahahaha this would be my way of handling it but probably wouldn't advise it

confused katana build

Comment

takes a lot longer than 1 minute to pop a fairing off a post... I think there is around 14 screws you have to take off.. than putting it back together is a challenge because you have to do it in a certain order....

Comment

Originally posted by numus View Post
                              takes a lot longer than 1 minute to pop a fairing off a post... I think there is around 14 screws you have to take off.. than putting it back together is a challenge because you have to do it in a certain order....
                              On a pre you only really need to remove 2 or 3 screws to get the side to flex out enough to reach the backside of the petcock.
                              John,
                              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, I filled it up again took the bike and locked it up for the past two days and the gauge has stayed right where it was two days ago. So I'm looking into a security camera's and game cams that send the picture/video right to my email until I get the cam I guess I'm going to have to keep it locked up good which is just a pain in the butt. So yeah guess that is what I'll have to do. This happened like 5 time so the guy got away with at least 50 bucks in gas so I am going to call the non emergency number and make a report on this then when I have solid evidence I will be calling them back to give it to the police and have the person arrested. Trust me I would like to beat them with a bat but I think going to jail is way more punishing lol.
                                Last edited by jvillejoe; 05-26-2012, 06:12 PM.
                                1996 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
                                X