X

really hate my headlights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really hate my headlights

well i recently got me a 1999 katana and all that and enjoying it to a maximum, but am not a big fan of the headlilghts, i am used to having hid lights and have them on my car as well, so am wondering if i buy this set http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-Kit-Xeno...e67ddb&vxp=mtr will it work on my 1999 kat? thanks

you can use hid on the kat but you would need to do a retro fit for it to be legal
    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
    confused katana build

Comment

what do u mean by a retro fit for it to be legal? i mean my z3 has a similar kit like this and i really never had a problem, and my friend has 1 for his ninja also and he didnt have any problems,

Comment

just putting hids in in place of the old bulb is considered a dick move because it blinds oncoming traffic as well as being illegal because of that fact for it to be a legal set up you would have to retro fit hid projectors
        never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
        Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
        confused katana build

Comment

By retrofit, he means install HID projectors in the headlight assembly. If you just throw HID bulbs in with no projectors, you'll throw light all over the place and blind oncoming drivers. Don't be "that" guy. You'll make HID mean Hello, I'm a Dickhead

Comment

Yes it will work. Yes it will blind and annoy oncoming drivers. Do it right with projectors, like you and your buddy should have with your other vehicles.

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            By retrofit, he means install HID projectors in the headlight assembly. If you just throw HID bulbs in with no projectors, you'll throw light all over the place and blind oncoming drivers. Don't be "that" guy. You'll make HID mean Hello, I'm a Dickhead
            Too late, he already did with his cage.
            Last edited by 05RedKat600; 05-28-2012, 11:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

what can you do

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                what can you do
                Nonchalantly swerve at them while flashing my high beams cuz I can't see anything.

Comment

oh ic, well what else would i have to do to make em work perfect and not blind others

Comment

install projectors, I could have sworn I said that already.

Comment

sorry did not really read up there, been 12 hours at work so far and still got more to go hahah. thanks

Comment

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
                        mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Try this, hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                        X