New here, just got my first bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, just got my first bike

whats up everybody,

Just got my first bike ( a '94 gsx 750f) and I'm excited to see that this community forum exists, seems like a good place to look for help! Bikes not currently running, got it for what I thought was a good price $400, its a complete bike (need hardware for other plastics) with 12k miles... physical appearance seemed pretty good.. had some sort of electrical/battery issue but for now just wanted to introduce myself... I'm Jay. I'll post some pics and I'll be beating the sh** out of that search button on here when I have questions lol.

Last edited by 94GSX750F; 04-10-2014, 05:09 PM.

Welcome

Comment

Welcome Jay,

Grats on the bike. Do you know why its not running atm?

Comment

guy i bought it from said he was riding it and power cut out and battery was shot when he tried to start it up, wouldnt turn, no lights etc. tried to jump it and that was a no-go also... Since then he has had it sitting in his garage, that was last summer... Hopefully wont take much to get it running again he just didnt have the patience to deal with the problem and wasn't much of a wrench turning guy... he did say it ran fine up until that point and he didnt know if it was just the battery or some other electrical problem

Comment

Sounds like a fuse, or a simple connection on the main wiring harness came loose or has a poor connection. Generally speaking your description sounds like a simple fix once you find the issue. The issue may not be super easy to find though...

FYI: you have an after market touring seat, that generally is sought after and new runs about what you paid for the entire bike.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

$400 huh? ill give ya $550 for it!! lol. Nice Find man.
            My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

kreylyn good to hear! haha no doubt! I don't mind putting time and money into the thing, can't wait to get it running... I'm having a friend of mine who builds custom bikes look at it this weekend & keep my fingers crossed its something easy

Thanks maniac lol
              Last edited by 94GSX750F; 04-10-2014, 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome!
                  sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                  1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                  2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                  First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                  Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

easy fix, stator wire was frayed badly and shorting out... fixed the wire, and bike started right up, w000t!

Comment

Wow! Great buy!

Comment

Great buy...ride safe..

Comment

Sweet looking have fun be safe

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                            X