X

Greetings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Greetings fellow Katriders. I'm new here so please be gentle!!!

I have a 95 kat750 with a problem. I've recently had it serviced and carbs cleaned/tuned/balanced/new coils,plugs, air filter etc. It has come back idling at 2500 rpm!!! and no 3 header pipe is running so cool I can touch it with bare fingers. Any ideas what the problem might be? Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by BIG RICH View Post
    Greetings fellow Katriders. I'm new here so please be gentle!!!

I have a 95 kat750 with a problem. I've recently had it serviced and carbs cleaned/tuned/balanced/new coils,plugs, air filter etc. It has come back idling at 2500 rpm!!! and no 3 header pipe is running so cool I can touch it with bare fingers. Any ideas what the problem might be? Any help appreciated.

Um... well If you paid for the above services, I would suggest you either have them actually do what you paid them for correctly, or get a partial/full refund.

Everything you had them do should address the problem your having. If it's not, then they should have been able to simply trouble shoot that for you and tell you that some additional work needs to be done.

They should NOT give you back a non functioning bike.

Krey
    Last edited by Kreylyn; 04-02-2014, 10:29 PM.
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

+1 to what Krey said. If they were paid to do something...they clearly didnt. If they have an ounce of customer service, they'll correct it free of charge since they never really finished working on it to begin with. If for whatever reason they absolutely won't fix their cockup, we can give you advice on how to get her running smoothly again.

Welcome to KR
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KR. +1 to what Krey said.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! Got a refund on the tune up. So I went and bought some vacuum gauges with it. And with the help of a bench sync with a guitar string feeler gauge -Problem solved - did it meself. Well chuffed as it actually worked!!

Comment

Working...
              X