X

seafoam

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seafoam

Anyone ever used seafoam in the crankcase to help clean things out?

I think I may have something haging up and since it worked wonders for my carbs....maybe my engine as well.

I haven't but I have thought about it. I'd only give it a try if I was planning on replacing the oil though...

Comment

Originally posted by sorrow View Post
      Anyone ever used seafoam in the crankcase to help clean things out?

I think I may have something haging up and since it worked wonders for my carbs....maybe my engine as well.
      Do NOT run your engine with seafoam in the crank case. Bad idea.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i have used it in my trucks but think it would cause all sorts of silly problems in the bike

Comment

don't use it with a wet clutch
          just use it in the fuel

If you want to clean your crankcase use a proper group IV-V synthetic like Amsoil or Redline
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Just add 4-5 quarts of Seafoam when about to change oil. Ride it for 10 mins. then drain. It will clean up ur crankcase and oil cooler. Do not use it as a regular thing with the oil (bad idea).

I use Mobil 1 MX4t.
            KATitoy

Comment

4-5 quarts of seafoam! to the crank case, that sounds like a bad idea

Comment

Originally posted by katitoy View Post
                Just add 4-5 quarts of Seafoam when about to change oil. Ride it for 10 mins. then drain. It will clean up ur crankcase and oil cooler. Do not use it as a regular thing with the oil (bad idea).

I use Mobil 1 MX4t.

ummmm......you first.
                sigpic

Comment

i love that stuff i put it in every car i own but my bike .........................i'll pass
                  sigpic

Comment

Seriously guys... if you put something in your crank and run the bike... You will NEVER get it all out unless you tear it down. Even residual left over in the oil cooler is enough to make for a bad day...

Flush old oil with new oil if you really feel you need to "clean it out".... Honestly, if an oil change isn't good enough, you need to fix your problem, not run crap though your engine.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                    X