X

05-06 Gsxr 1000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05-06 Gsxr 1000

I originally posted this back in march of 05. But thaught id move it to this forum.

Fit and finnish
    The black and yellow look great. for the amount of diffrent parts that are snapped together it looks really well. I love evrything except the exhaust. That is just one big ugly can. I do like the shape of it thow. Its just to large. (Over time and with mialage the body work starts chipping badly whare the diffrent pieces are put together. Most people will not ever get that manny miles on one but it deserved to be noted. Im still amaised that there are 20+ pieces of bodywork on the bike. But whatever I guess. It works for the way the paint sceme is.)

comfort
    The seat is flat and still verry soft compared to the competition. Reach to the bars is short and it has a fairly upright seating position. A lot better ergos than my 600 ever thaught about. Wind protection is the only real complaint with comfort stock. I have more than an r1 but I lost a lot from what I was used to with The katana or my old 03 gsxr 600. With my Puig DB tho the wind protection is a lot better. and in a tuck The wind protection is great.

Trunk
    I now dont have much more space than an 04 r1. And that is basically nothing. And it isnt held in for anything eather. As long as whatever you plan on storing in there is of decent size you will be ok tho.

Power
    I figured it would feal more powerfull than it does but it is smooth. When the throttle is chopped it will get light in the front. And it will raise up with a roll on. as long as you are smooth tho it is real easy to controll. You must have a verry smoth hand. It isnt bad. But you just have to think about what you are doing.

Handeling.
    Its handling is unbelievably newtral. If you put it in a lean it will stay there untill told otherwise. Much better feel than the my 6 was or my 98 katana 750 was

The gsxr is one great bike that will withstand a lot. I have learned that with all the standard maintinance there is a good chance of spinning bearings around 40k miles tho with strong use. Ie a lot of trackdays or dragstrip use. Lots of high rpm use as always will kill a motor quicker than the low rpms.
    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.
Working...
X